Windows 7 Ultimate x64 + FLB on the side of the screen?
Started by ssateneth

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
ssateneth

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2009
11-04-2009, 02:49 AM -
Can it be done? I'm coming from windows XP and I always had my quick launch on the right side of the screen, but it seems I can't have it there any more by default and with some digging, I was brought to this page but I can't seem to drag the FLB up just like the 'quick launch' that I made. It wants to stay in the bottom no matter what. I tried holding shift and dragging and right click draggign too, didn't work.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-04-2009, 06:09 AM -
Windows 7 don't support the standard desktop toolbars. So this is impossible to open FLB without the taskbar. I plan to make the standalone FLB (like the standalone TLB), to resolve this problem.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Vavish

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2009
12-27-2009, 08:53 AM -
I'm actually a user of true launchbar 3 and I also upgraded to Windows 7.

I was also using the launchbar as a side bar which is wonderful, tried other softwares but the launchbar is the best one out there.

Is it possible to get notified (or post here) when this standalone version comes out?

Thank you very much and keep up the great work!
cmw

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2009
12-30-2009, 10:15 AM -
I just wanted to say that I've used FLB for years now and I love it. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 x64 and I'm having no problems whatsoever running FLB.

I followed the instructions I found here and I was able to enable the quicklaunch bar, which is disabled in Windows 7 by default.
  • 1. Right click on a empty space on the taskbar and click on New Tool.
    2. In the Folder line, type or copy: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    3. Click on the Select Folder button.
    4. You now have a Quick Launch toolbar on the taskbar. NOTE: Click on the arrow to see your Quick Launch shortcuts.
    5. To Expand the Quick Launch Toolbar -
    • A) Unlock the taskbar.
      B) Right click on the Quick Launch toolbar title name, then uncheck the Show Text and Show Title by clicking on them.
      C) Lock the taskbar.
      [/list:u]
      [/list:u]
      You can visit the site I linked above for screenshots of every step.

This seems to work perfectly. I'm using the taskbar on left side of my monitor with the Start button at the top, FLB right below that, and the new windows taskbar below FLB.

Hope this helps!
Vavish

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2009
12-31-2009, 06:18 AM -
Don't get me wrong, it works but not completely.

We use TrueLaunch bar as a sidebar, detached from the taskbar.

It was confirmed not working in many places, the detachable toolbar feature was marked deprecated since Windows Vista or XP if I remember well.

It has nothing to do with the Launch bar itself, it's a feature that was removed from Windows but Tordex is willing to program a workaround so I'm very happy. Smile
tigris

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2010
07-26-2010, 11:45 AM -
Hi!
I'm using TLB and I love it. Right now I'm switching to Win7 and I'm curious if there's any progress in this question… I use TLB as a separate, detached toolbar on the top of the screen, but as far as I know there is no way to detach TLB from the taskbar. I really need that feature, – though I understand, this is not a commonly requested one – without it I will have to use something else. Yuri, you wrote: „I plan to make the standalone FLB (like the standalone TLB), to resolve this problem.” Any news on this?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-31-2010, 03:32 PM -
Quote:I'm using TLB and I love it. Right now I'm switching to Win7 and I'm curious if there's any progress in this question
If you are using TLB (True Launch Bar) you can use the Standalone True Launch Bar.
The TORDEX Team
tigris

08-01-2010, 04:17 PM -
Hi Yuri!
Standalone True Launch Bar? Is it a separate downloadable app? Where do I find it?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-01-2010, 04:23 PM -
tigris Wrote:Standalone True Launch Bar? Is it a separate downloadable app? Where do I find it?
It is installed with True Launch Bar. The shortcut can be found in Start->All Programs->True Launch Bar
The TORDEX Team
tigris

08-01-2010, 04:29 PM -
Sorry, asked before looking... Sad I found it, thx! Works fine!
Just interested... Can this feature be found in the FLB too?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-02-2010, 12:39 AM -
Quote:Can this feature be found in the FLB too?
No, Standalone FLB is not released yet.
The TORDEX Team