Button to minimize background windows only?
Started by swoooooooly

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
swoooooooly

33 posts 14 threads Joined: Nov 2009
11-29-2009, 03:43 AM -
Would there be a way to make a little button, like windows old 'show desktop' button, but with a twist: instead of minimizing all windows, it closes all BUT the one that is currently focused?

This is something I've always wished was a feature of Windows. Then I thought maybe TLB could have do it!

Every day I end up with a bunch of windows open and want to shrink the background ones while keeping the focused one open. As the background ones can really clutter up, get in the way and become a distraction.

You can click the show desktop button, but then you have to find the window you had in front from the taskbar to bring it up again.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-29-2009, 04:17 AM -
Is this something like the show desktop button on Windows 7 taskbar? You hover mouse over this button and Windows show the desktop. Move mouse off the button will restore all windows.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
swoooooooly

33 posts 14 threads Joined: Nov 2009
11-29-2009, 02:08 PM -
Yeah sorta, but it keeps the acitve window open.

I just realised that it's called the Aero Shake in Windows7. So it can be done. But it's a bit hard to shake the window, a button would be much simpler. Would have been cool if Windows made middle click on the show desktop button do this or something a bit easier then shaking the windows.

But I've just been looking and looks like there's a few ideas out there for making a button, so I'll give those ago.