TB 4.4.4 - customize menus
Started by DrTeeth

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
DrTeeth

55 posts 23 threads Joined: Nov 2009
02-06-2010, 12:37 PM -
In the customize menu general options, at the bottom are 'docking point' and 'menu align' options. What do these do? All I managed to do whilst experimenting was to stop my menus opening properly and I could not see anything. I could not even access the options to reset things.

I was hoping that one of them would be the result of a request I made, namely the ability to shift the open menus in the left-right plane.

Regards

Guy

PS Will a full readme of the changes be made available at all?
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-09-2010, 04:55 AM -
Here is the text from the help file:

Docking point – Location of the point to attach the menu to.
Menu align – Menu alignment related to Docking point.

The settings for attached screenshot:

First-level menu:

View Mode: Icons only
Columns: 1
Docking point: default
Menu align: default
Second-level menu:

Columns: 4
Docking point: default
Menu align: default
Third-level menu:

Columns: 1
Docking point: Left-Bottom
Menu align: Left-Top

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
DrTeeth

02-09-2010, 12:34 PM -
Hi,

The help file is not clear to me I'm afraid.

All the options seem to make most of my menus disappear. Can these options be made to shift a menu in the horizontal plane as I have requested in the past? The help file screen shot is not helpful as it does not relate to either the position or appearance of TLB on my system.

Attached is a screen shot of my desktop with a three-column menu expanded. Can the menu align or docking point options move the three columns to the left so that the centre of the middle column is directly above the menu's icon?

Regards

Guy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-09-2010, 01:23 PM -
Quote:Attached is a screen shot of my desktop with a three-column menu expanded. Can the menu align or docking point options move the three columns to the left so that the centre of the middle column is directly above the menu's icon?
No. Try to set the both options into the default. TLB can shift menu if there are no room for menu.
The TORDEX Team
DrTeeth

02-12-2010, 08:52 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Attached is a screen shot of my desktop with a three-column menu expanded. Can the menu align or docking point options move the three columns to the left so that the centre of the middle column is directly above the menu's icon?
No. Try to set the both options into the default. TLB can shift menu if there are no room for menu.

Hi,

Could you please consider the option for the user to shift the menus horizontally - the default positioning really bothers me as it means there is more mouse travel than necessary. Some of my menus have 3 or more columns and I would like them centred on the relevant icon; pretty please :wink: .

I did ask for this previously and you said that you would be able to do it.

With kind regards

Guy
DrTeeth

04-07-2010, 11:51 PM -
Hi Yuri

Sorry to bother you on this request again, but could you tell me if this would be possible for this feature to be implemented [-o< [-o< [-o< ?

If it cannot, I won't bother you, but it would be soooo useful. As I use TB more and more, my menus are getting larger and larger, and each day (yes, each day) I regret not being able to shift my multi-column menus horizontally. I read each changelog with baited breath and was again disappointed this morning (08:35 hrs London time).

With kind regards

Guy

PS 'View more smilies' link produces an SQL error.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-11-2010, 01:21 PM -
I'll add the center alignment in the next version.
The TORDEX Team
DrTeeth

04-11-2010, 01:33 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:I'll add the center alignment in the next version.

Thank you so much, I am most grateful...honestly.

Regards

Guy