Where is the "Change Icon" menu option for Menus?
Started by dscott

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
dscott

11 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2010
02-22-2010, 09:21 AM -
Hi all,

I've been playing with beta 4.4 as a newcomer to TLB. I started with the toolbar version, where, I *think*, right-clicking on the menu icon had an option to CHANGE ICON and HOTKEY. I am running WINDOWS 7 so switched to the Standalone version. For the life of me, I can no longer find 1) the option to change Menu icons, or 2) set the Hotkey for items inside the menu. (E.g., I have a menu containing shortcuts to my most frequently-used apps, and I want to assign hotkeys to some of them.)

What am I missing please?

Thanks!

David
dscott

02-22-2010, 09:28 AM -
PS...I rtfm'd, but it appears that the chum file does not quite apply to the stand-alone version?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-23-2010, 08:56 AM -
Quote:1) the option to change Menu icons
Right-click the menu button then select Appearance->Change Icon

Quote:2) set the Hotkey for items inside the menu.
Right-click the menu item and select "Hot key..."

Also note, it is possible to change the context menu in the TLB Settings. If you don't see the menu items Change Icon and hotkey, then try to hold down CTRL+SHIFT when you right-click the button.

Quote:PS...I rtfm'd, but it appears that the chum file does not quite apply to the stand-alone version?

I'm sorry, what is the "chum file"?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
dscott

02-23-2010, 09:38 AM -
Sorry, Yuri...."chum" is how we in USA pronounce the name of .chm files.

See attached screen shots...there is not hotkey item when right-clicking an individual menu item, and there is not Appearance > Change Icon when right-clicking the menu object.

Again, this is the standalone version on Windows 7.

Also note....while continuing to explore TLB yesterday, I was able to add a shortcut for "Recent Items"--it displays in my menu list. But I can no longer find the object when clicking the "+" icon in the menu window. (running 4.4)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

dscott

02-23-2010, 09:40 AM -
hmmmm....only two of my screen shots could be uploaded.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-23-2010, 09:52 AM -
There are no differencies bewteen standalone and embedded versions. Hold down the CTRL+SHIFT key and right-click. The menu will be default with all settings.

Or open the TLB Settings->Context menu and set the default context menu.

Quote:Also note....while continuing to explore TLB yesterday, I was able to add a shortcut for "Recent Items"--it displays in my menu list. But I can no longer find the object when clicking the "+" icon in the menu window. (running 4.4)
Create new menu, and select the "Recent Items" from the predefined list.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
dscott

02-23-2010, 11:25 AM -
Thanks. The UI is not *entirely* intuitive (e.g., per the issues above, for example), but I like this enough that I'm purchasing it today, as soon as I can get my stupid credit card company to allow this purchase. There really are many, many options and features that run circles around DragStrip which I've used for the past 10 years or so. I'm really warming up to TLB!

Thanks!

David