great program but way too buggy
Started by MaLuBoB

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
MaLuBoB

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2002
07-24-2002, 12:16 PM -
I've really liked the idea for this program and have been using it for the last few days. But the icons never stay the way I place then, I have to rearrange them EVERYTIME i restart the goddamn computer. I have tried locking and every ###### thing in the world and it still happens. I tried upgrading to the newest version and thats still buggy. Three times my comp froze for a sec and the toolbar disappeared and comes back and the true launch bar is gone. I dont know but is this only happening to me. I really like this program but I can't stand these ###### little bugs.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-24-2002, 03:34 PM -
Is this bug report or question?
If bug report, tell your Windows version (See this topic). If you running Win NT4/2000/XP be sure you have write access for tlbdata files (if you do not have write access to that files layout of TLB cannot be saved).

To save TLB on taskbar after crash, just relogon once with opened TLB toolbar.
If you have constant locking try this:
1) Turn off Show last run time in tooltips option in Advanced tab
2) Do not use virtual folders for root drive (C: D: ...)
3) Do not use virtual folders for frequently changed folders (like Download)

If something of these recommendations help you let me know.

Edited By Yuri Kobets on July 24 2002 at 17:42
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
MaLuBoB

07-25-2002, 01:18 PM -
hey Yuri, how do I give the tlbdata files access for this. I am using Windows XP. Thanks. Bobby
Eric J Johnson

193 posts 25 threads Joined: Jun 2001
07-25-2002, 02:57 PM -
I just wanted to say I have used most every kind of system with TrueLaunchBar and have had very few problems if any. (none which directly effected the use of TrueLaunchBar's main features).

Just wanted to let anyone who saw " great program but way too buggy " to know that its not really buggy its mainly how rarely a system is not setup correctly to use TrueLaunchBar..

I think 99% of people's systems are fully ready for the great addition of TrueLaunchBar. But a few (probably people on company networks without active desktop) may have a problem.

I have been a VERY happy TrueLaunchBar user for well over a year now!

Keep up the great work Yuri! Big Grin

-I don't use some other programs I love because they will not work with TrueLaunchBar.. Why? Because TrueLaunchBar is the best addition to my management I could ask for!
Saves me time which saves me money! Wink -
Eric J. Johnson|Proud American|GetMeHosted.com|OC-192!
GetMeHosted.com Members Get TrueLaunchBar @ OVER 50% Off!
Support the American Red Cross: Click Here to donate
MaLuBoB

07-27-2002, 01:15 PM -
Hey, I didnt mean it as to say the program wasnt any good And dude maybe it worked perfectly for you, good for you. I downloaded the new version with the unicode for win xp and now it works perfectly and no problems. I do really like the program and it is working really well right now. Thanks Yuri