Disappearing act
Started by xrjxman

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
xrjxman

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2010
03-20-2010, 06:50 AM -
I downloaded Free launch Bar in frustration when the standard Quick Launch toolbar disappeared after every log-off. I had to left click and reinstall it.
No amount of "tweaking" as shown on dozens of "support" sites will make it stick. I thought that this programme may be the answer...BUT unfortunately Free Launch disappears each time as well and has similarly to be re clicked.

Is there and answer anywhere?
Would the purchase of TRUE system be just the same?

xjxjman

PS all my desptop icons change positions each time as well.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-20-2010, 07:13 AM -
Generally if the quick launch don't loads at startup then all other toolbars will not load too.

Here is the FAQ topic how to fix this problem.

If this not help please tell me what Windows version do you use.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
xrjxman

03-21-2010, 04:18 AM -
Yuri,
TWO of the three lines you mentioned were NOT present and I deleted the ONE which was. STILL THE SAME as has been the case after all the other many suggested solutions.
Thanks anyway

xrjxman
xrjxman

03-24-2010, 08:08 AM -
Just read your post again and realised my response re "no change" did not include the followinf "MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3..Installation Date: 06 March 2010, 23:36. I am now wondering if it is SP£ which is doing the damage..EXCEPT that the download on 6.3.10 was when I had to rebuilt my PC after a total crash. I had SP3 before the re-install via the HP recovery partition on ,my presario desktop.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-24-2010, 08:30 AM -
When the toolbar don't start on startup this the registry problems most likely. Here some steps to fix the problem:
1) Set the registry value NoSaveSettings into 1 (create DWORD value if not exist. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer)
2) Try to force the toolbar saving. Select Start->Shutdown, then hold down CTRL+SHIFT+ALT and press the Cancel button. Windows Explorer will exit and save it's state. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start the task manager and run the explorer.exe
3) If you have the language bar active, select the "Settings" of the language bar and tun off both checkboxes on the Advanced tab

If nothing helps, and if you have othe computer without this problem, you can copy the registry keys from this computer to your own. The only note: the toolbar paths must be the same on the both computers. The registry key where Windows store the toolbars is
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com