Help with True Launch Bar on Windows 7 Taskbar
Started by Ben Hill

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Ben Hill

12 posts 6 threads Joined: May 2008
05-29-2010, 06:41 AM -
I'm really not a master of True Launch's many capabilities, but I really am a fan of its smooth and fault free operation and it many options for customization.

I have Windows 7 now and I like the large taskbar icons. When using XP I had grown used to using a True Launch bar with 2 rows in the taskbar. With XP I just widened the taskbar to 2 rows, but I didn't want to do that with the large icons of Win7. I can't seem to make 2 rows of small icons in the Win7 taskbar even though it seems wide enough for it; even if I shrink the icons to 12 (really too small).

I notice that if the Win7 taskbar is 2 rows wide, as I narrow True Launch Bar, it goes to 2, and then 3 rows in the double-rowed bar.

Is there any setting that I can make that would put two rows of size 16 icons in a single-row Win7 taskbar?

Thanks,
Ben
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-29-2010, 08:43 AM -
To make the 2 rows you need to change some settings:
1) TLB Settings->Metrics->Button margins, set the height into 0 or 2
2) Don't use the skin for toolbar. The buttons margins in skins a bit high
3) Set the color for toolbar buttons (may be with border color) - this will remove the margins of the standard windows 7 theme

After you setup all this, you can make 2 row toolbar with 16x16 icons.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Ben Hill

05-29-2010, 05:18 PM -
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still playing with it. I haven't gotten it to work yet, and I miss the Windows 7 skin, but I'd like to get it to work.
Ben Hill

06-01-2010, 01:33 PM -
Well, it's been a bit frustrating. I changed so many things, so many times, that I'm not sure what did it, but I do have two rows of icons in a single-row taskbar. It seems like it happened after a restart, so maybe I should have been logging off or rebooting after each change. I think it was the button metrics, and I was able to keep the Windows 7 skin.

In the process I moved a menu with my drives on it into a new folder. I had C:, D:, and N: drives stacked up vertically, and when I moved them they rearranged to side by side, and I don't know what to do to reverse the change. The vertical layout became horizontal, and I can't get it back. I have moved the menu back to the main bar, but the change stuck. It's frustrating because the sub-menus of C: cover up D:

What should I do to have a vertical layout on a menu?

Thanks,
Ben
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-01-2010, 01:58 PM -
Quote:What should I do to have a vertical layout on a menu?
I guess you need to right-click inside the menu then View->Default
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com