Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
joshatt

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2010
08-16-2010, 03:49 PM -
Hi,

Recently TLB is having this problem:
after I drag&drop some exe file to TLB menu, then click on it, I'm told that some dll can not be located, so I check that shortcut's properties and find the problem is: the exe file is located in "C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\folder name" .

What's wrong?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-16-2010, 09:51 PM -
Generally it is bad idea do copy the exe files to Quick Launch folder. Return EXE file back where it was, and create the shortcut in Quick Launch.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
joshatt

08-16-2010, 10:48 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Generally it is bad idea do copy the exe files to Quick Launch folder. Return EXE file back where it was, and create the shortcut in Quick Launch.
The exe file is at where is was, say D:\TEST\. By drag&drop to TLB menu, a shortcut is created there.
If I drag&drop to TLB root, it's working fine.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-17-2010, 12:33 AM -
The error message about missing DLL's appear if the EXE file is moved off the installation folder. Check if there are really the shortcut in TLB not a real EXE. Right click the button of TLB and press "Find location" to find the location of the exe file. If there are no "Find location" then you've copied (or moved) the EXE file.
The TORDEX Team
joshatt

08-17-2010, 12:44 AM -
I've found out why:
If I drag exe file to menu and drop, it copies exe file to that folder;
If I drag it to menu and wait for right-hand-side droplist to appear and drop it there, a shortcut is created;
If I drag it to root, a shortcut is created.

That's different from older version, which creates shortcut in any case.

Thanks for the help.

BTW, can I move this folder to somewhere else , say D:\ ?
C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-18-2010, 02:01 AM -
Quote:I've found out why:
If I drag exe file to menu and drop, it copies exe file to that folder;
If I drag it to menu and wait for right-hand-side droplist to appear and drop it there, a shortcut is created;
If I drag it to root, a shortcut is created.
Thank you. Now I see. I'll try to fix this problem.

Quote:BTW, can I move this folder to somewhere else , say D:\ ?
C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
Yes. TLB Settings->Toolbars or TLB Settings->Options->Toolbars in version 4.4.13, create there the toolbar with the other folder. Copy the content of C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch in to your folder. The right-click the TLB select Switch Toolbar submenu and select your toolbar.

Other way: hold down CTRL+SHIFT key when you open TLB and it will ask you for folder.
The TORDEX Team