Font used in TLB menus under Windows 7
Started by left

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
left

17 posts 7 threads Joined: Dec 2008
09-06-2010, 10:04 AM -
In TLB settings >> Fonts, what is the "default font" of "menu item fonts"? The Windows 7 control panel says that Windows 7's default font is Segoe UI, but when I type "Cobian Backup 9" in Segoe UI font, letters don't look the same as they do in the TLB menu. Attached are pictures of both. Notice there are serifs on the tips of the letters in Segoe UI, but not in the letters on the words on the TLB menu. (It's especially noticeable on the lower case c's.)

btw, I do see that there are grey serifs on the TLB menu capital c's, but notice that 1) they're grey and not black like on the Segoe UI c's, but more importantly, 2) the corners on the Segoe UI's capital c's are noticeably squared off, but on the TLB menu they're not squared, they're fully rounded.

Another difference is on the lower case "a" where at the end of the horizontal line at the top of the letter. In Segoe UI, that line goes down just before it ends, but in the TLB menu is is totally horizontal where it ends.

Also the lower case e's are different. (See the attached file SegoeUI2.jpg)

So since the letters look different then they're different fonts, right? So what font is TLB using in the menu?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-06-2010, 05:52 PM -
Please check if the font for menus are really Segoe UI (see attached screenshot). Also please can you post the original size pictures without resizing?

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
left

09-06-2010, 06:07 PM -
The screenshot you posted is where I went earlier to find the font my system is using. I double checked, just to make sure, and it definitely is Segoe UI for menus (and everything else).

I attached another screenshot with unaltered size, including the font screen and the menu.

Thanks.

left

09-06-2010, 09:05 PM -
I looked at my main Windows menu and the letters look like they do in the TLB menus, so my guess is that the problem is with the font viewer I'm using. I guess it doesn't show letters of a font the way Windows shows them. Weird.

(I went ahead and a screenshot of the Windows menu)

Attached Files Image(s)