Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-26-2010, 03:25 PM -
Address Book v2.0 released

Changes:
* Added: menu transparency support
* Added: Improved vCard files import
* Added: Preview contacts before import
* Added: Many contact fields (Middle name, Some specific IMs, additional websites)
* Added: Contact photo cropping
* Added: You can select some categories for one contact (coma separated)
* Added: Now you can click the urls and emails
* Added: Now you can define the programs to open phones, im etc. in the external applications
* Improved template redering
* Fixed: Crash on toolbar close when contact dialog box is opened
* Some other minor changes

Download
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
quattrocchi

52 posts 11 threads Joined: Jan 2010
02-17-2011, 07:38 PM -
How do we import vcards? I have tried with a single .vcf file generated from another app and dropped it onto the Address book in one of my menus. Nothing happens. Well I did get a dialog box and clicked "Add the Address Book" and OK, but when I go to access it via my Apps menu it says (empty).

Here's the vcf file, generated from a Psion 7 (EPOC OS). Do I have to edit some things?

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
REV:20081126T082131Z
N;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL0=Last name;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL1=First name;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL2=Middle name;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL3=Title;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL4=Suffix:xxxxx;xxxx ;;;
ADR;WORK;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL0=Work PO box;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL1=Work ext address;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL2=Work address;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL3=Work city;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL4=Work region;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL5=Work p'code;X-EPOCCNTMODELLABEL6=Work country:;;xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;;;;
ORG;X-EPOCCNTMODELFIELDLABEL=Company:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
TITLE;X-EPOCCNTMODELFIELDLABEL=Job title:xxxxxxx
TEL;WORK;X-EPOCCNTMODELFIELDLABEL=Work tel:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
END:VCARD

Brian
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-18-2011, 04:01 AM -
Please can you attach the VCF file here?
The TORDEX Team
quattrocchi

02-18-2011, 11:55 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Please can you attach the VCF file here?

ok ...[ding] "vcf is not allowed"... changing filename to .vcf.txt

I also have file 147kb of all my addresses in a single .vcf file, and when I add that to address book I get a repeated series of dialog boxes come up, and I learned that pressing 't' would add the current address "to Address Book/' and 'Enter' OK'd it.
So I was going, 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter', etc to add all 300 or so of my addresses. Thought there could be a simpler way, like offer the option "add all addresses?", or have all the vcard entries listed with tick boxes or something. Is Address Book aware that we might want to add a .vcf file with multiple vcard entries in it?

Thanks
Brian

Attached Files
.txt   Alan Hunter.vcf.txt (Size: 674 bytes / Downloads: 489)
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-18-2011, 12:34 PM -
Quote:So I was going, 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter' 't' 'enter', etc to add all 300 or so of my addresses. Thought there could be a simpler way, like offer the option "add all addresses?", or have all the vcard entries listed with tick boxes or something. Is Address Book aware that we might want to add a .vcf file with multiple vcard entries in it?
Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

I'm not sure but guess you told about the Windows Contacts. How did you create the Address Book on True Launch Bar? Can you post the screenshot of the window when you try to import the contact?

BTW. The attached VCF file is imported well into the Address Book plugin. The only problem with this VCF - it don't have the display name field, so you have to change the template to view contact name.
The TORDEX Team
quattrocchi

02-18-2011, 01:02 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:I'm not sure but guess you told about the Windows Contacts. How did you create the Address Book on True Launch Bar? Can you post the screenshot of the window when you try to import the contact?

Yes Windows XP 3
Created Address book via the TLB menu, turned up on the task bar, then dragged it to my existing TLB Apps menu.
Screenshot here shows I tried to drag the vcf file onto the Address Book icon. Doing it now I see that I get a Vietato sign, Not allowed. Strange.
So I double-clicked on a vcf file (nice, simple!) and was offered the Adddress Book dbox.

BUT I now get the notice that I already have that address in Address Book, to I want to add to it...?
So the addresses are there but how do I get to them? Address Book still says "(empty)"'

Quote:BTW. The attached VCF file is imported well into the Address Book plugin. The only problem with this VCF - it don't have the display name field, so you have to change the template to view contact name.

Thanks. I can do the details once I get the app working.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

quattrocchi

02-18-2011, 01:04 PM -
last image

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-18-2011, 01:14 PM -
Thank you for screenshots.

To import contacts from VCF file, right-click the Adderess Book plugin and select "Import..." menu item. Select the VCF file and click OK. Adderss Book will show the list of the contacts, you can review, edit (double click on contact) or skip some contacts. Press "Import" button when ready.
The TORDEX Team
quattrocchi

02-18-2011, 03:33 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:To import contacts from VCF file, right-click the Adderess Book plugin and select "Import..." menu item ...
Ah. Now that works! thanks.
However it's not entirely intuitive. The 'Import' 'Export' items are very far away from the 'Properties' item are they not? It might be your way to put all menu-related menu items, but no, I see that the TLB Clock items 'About' and Properties' are grouped together at the bottom.
How many contacts can TLB Address Book handle?
I tried with a single file with over 200 contacts and got a Windows error message.

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-18-2011, 03:53 PM -
Quote:However it's not entirely intuitive. The 'Import' 'Export' items are very far away from the 'Properties' item are they not? It might be your way to put all menu-related menu items, but no, I see that the TLB Clock items 'About' and Properties' are grouped together at the bottom.
Maybe you are right. But TLB uses this menu layout for all buttons :? .

Quote:How many contacts can TLB Address Book handle?
I tried with a single file with over 200 contacts and got a Windows error message.
There are no limits. Please can you send VCF file by email (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->). I'll try to reproduce the bug and fix it. I guarantee to use the file only for testing and delete it after finishing.
The TORDEX Team
quattrocchi

02-18-2011, 05:52 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:There are no limits. Please can you send VCF file by email (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->). I'll try to reproduce the bug and fix it. I guarantee to use the file only for testing and delete it after finishing.
sent
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-21-2011, 11:10 AM -
Thank you very much for the file. I've reproduced the bug. The updated version will be published shortly.
The TORDEX Team