* Some minor changes

Download
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
quattrocchi

52 posts 11 threads Joined: Jan 2010
03-20-2011, 09:56 PM -
Hi there,

I see that you have provided a way to find the head words, "J" goes straight to the first J entry, and "JACK" finds "Jack and Jill".

But do you have a way to search within the entries, for words other than the first word? Like Ctrl-F while the Address Book window is open, and "JILL" willl find "Jill" in an entry "Jack and Jill".

Of course then we'd want Find Next/Previous!

Cheers
Brian
clancolin

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2009
03-27-2011, 03:10 AM -
Hi. Thanks for the update, but can I make a few suggestions please?

* "Drag and Drop" should be enabled.
I had 3 address books already; "Home" "Work" "External" and I tried a vcf import from Google into a fourth "Google imports".
I have addresses in the "Google imports" book that I want to add to each of the others. I can see no easy way to do this. Being able to "Drag and Drop" would be useful.

* Import images with contact details.
All of my Google contacts have images applied. Those images did not come with the "Google imports". So I will need to redo all those contacts. I have already done that for Vista contacts, so I am less willing to do this for TLB. Less willing = less useful = less use of TLB plugin.

* Can you provide some simple instructions please?
You have 3 screen-shots, one of which shows "Address Book options". I did manage once to get "Address Book options" to open, but I can't remember how that was done. Every time I click on "options" it is for the TLB not the address book. A few standard instructions would be helpful.

Thanks.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-27-2011, 04:19 AM -
Quote:* "Drag and Drop" should be enabled.
I had 3 address books already; "Home" "Work" "External" and I tried a vcf import from Google into a fourth "Google imports".
I have addresses in the "Google imports" book that I want to add to each of the others. I can see no easy way to do this. Being able to "Drag and Drop" would be useful.
Drag&Drop will be released in the next version.

Quote:* Import images with contact details.
All of my Google contacts have images applied. Those images did not come with the "Google imports". So I will need to redo all those contacts. I have already done that for Vista contacts, so I am less willing to do this for TLB. Less willing = less useful = less use of TLB plugin.
As I know Google don't export the contact images into VCF files. I plan to make the native conacts import from the Google, maybe this will solve this problem.

Quote:* Can you provide some simple instructions please?
You have 3 screen-shots, one of which shows "Address Book options". I did manage once to get "Address Book options" to open, but I can't remember how that was done. Every time I click on "options" it is for the TLB not the address book. A few standard instructions would be helpful.
Right-click the address book plugin and select "Properties". This works for most plugins.

Quote:But do you have a way to search within the entries, for words other than the first word? Like Ctrl-F while the Address Book window is open, and "JILL" willl find "Jill" in an entry "Jack and Jill".
In the next version I'll add the the searching in all fields with CTRL+F. Thank you.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com