Toolbar without docking
Started by LittleBiG

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
LittleBiG

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2011
06-01-2011, 09:00 AM -
Is it possible to make a non docking (floating) toolbar? And show it at the position of mouse pointer? I plan to buy and this is my last feature I miss....
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-01-2011, 12:02 PM -
No, it is impossible with the toolbar. But it is possible with a menu on the toolbar. You can create a standard toolbar maybe with auto-hide, create a menu on this toolbar and set the hotkey for this menu, "Tear Off" menu and set the option "Popup at cursor". Menu can look like a toolbar with the skins.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
LittleBiG

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2011
06-01-2011, 12:57 PM -
Thank you for your quick and useful answer. You definitely won a new customer :-)

Based on your instruction, I found a better solution for me. I describe it, maybe it will be useful for other users.

I don't want to make a new toolbar, so I use the normal one on the taskbar. I make a new menu named "Favorites" on the main area. I create all necessery shortcuts in Favorites, copying shortcuts from other menus (duplicate them). I set a hotkey (CTRL+Tab), then I set menu properties: tear off, always on top, auto-close, popup at cursor. Finally I hide Favorites menu button from taskbar, to avoid confusing. So I have a popup menu at the cursor position, which seems really standalone.

Theoretically if I duplicate all TLB items in a hidden menu item, it seems I open a floating TLB toolbar. Maybe there isn't too much work to develop a toolbar hotkey in TLB settings to work in this way, without duplicating. (or virtually duplicate in the background without user knowing). It's up to you developing this, till then I'm fine with my described solution. Thanks again!