Keep a menu open until the menu button is pressed again.
Started by mls

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
mls

87 posts 25 threads Joined: Mar 2010
06-10-2011, 04:11 AM -
Hey Yuri,

Could you add the option to keep a menu open until the menu button/shortcut is pressed again, both for normal and torn off menus.

For my iPodNavBar skin I wanted to use a menu for the extended panel rather than a second toolbar but I didn't like the menu closing every time clicked anywhere else (e.g. the play, prev, and next buttons)
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-10-2011, 11:43 AM -
It is possible to keep a torn off menu opened. The option "Auto-close menu" must be turned off. To close the menu you can press ESC, via context menu or set the "close" caption button visible. Also it is possible to hardcode the close button into the TLB skin.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
mls

06-11-2011, 03:44 AM -
I really wanted to use the same button again e.g. to show/hide a media control bar like in iPodnavbar by pressing the arrow key. It's okay, i can do what I want by creating a shortcut that runs a menu hotkey instead of a true menu button - it's just not so elegant.
mls

06-11-2011, 04:13 AM -
Actually, activating a torn off menu with a shortcut that runs a hotkey is pretty messy in comparison. I want it open like a non-torn off menu - i.e. using the menu docking point and alignment and the "avoid toolbar overlap options". And I need it to hug the edge of the triggering button's toolbar. A torn of menu requires manual positioning to hug the toolbar and needs repositioning when you do something like change the triggering toolbar's height. In effect I want the menu to appear as a toolbar.
mls

06-12-2011, 04:23 PM -
I'll put it this way: A menu hotkey should do the same thing as clicking the menu button. At the moment it does not - when a menu is open the hotkey will close it but clicking the menu button does not.

I think it's a worthwhile change if only for consistency. Maybe it could be the standard behaviour instead of having another option.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-17-2011, 12:37 PM -
Quote:I think it's a worthwhile change if only for consistency. Maybe it could be the standard behaviour instead of having another option.
Hmm... you are right, toggle menus is more right.

Quote:A torn of menu requires manual positioning to hug the toolbar and needs repositioning when you do something like change the triggering toolbar's height. In effect I want the menu to appear as a toolbar.
I'll add the option something like "Standard position" in addition to the "Popup at cusor". TLB will place torn of menu into the same place as normal menu.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com