Minor rolloff bug - Menus do no always close on rolloff
Started by Robert

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Robert

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2002
09-06-2002, 09:31 PM -
I am currently using the menu auto-lose on mouse rolloff setting (along with auto open on rollover) both are set to 0ms delay. This means that if I roll over a menu icon, it will open, then as I roll off again it should close unless the mouse is actually over the menu.

However, if I move the mouse over a menu accidentally, and quickly move it away again, the menu sometimes sticks until the mouse is placed back over the menu and taken off again.

It seems to happen if the rolloff occurs before the menu has completely finished rendering.

I have also noticed that certain hotspots seem to exist for rolloff, rather than the program simply checking that the mouse is no longer over the menu hotspot.

For instance, moving the mouse onto a non-menu icon on the toolbar does not close the menu, nor does rolling over an unused part of the bar (or anywhere on the taskbar, for that matter). However rolling over another menu hotspot, the resize-bar, or a button on the taskbar will all close the current menu.

This is slightly inconsistent and it not exactly a "rolloff" since the menu should close as soon as the mouse moves off the hotspot, no matter where the mouse moves after that. The obvious exception being the menu and the 1 pixel space that previously existed between the menu and the hotsport (a bug that was fixed between 1.1 and 1.2.3RC3, which I am currently using)
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
09-06-2002, 10:08 PM -
Robert help us out here.

Windows version
Shell Version
Explorer
Specific True Launch Bar version. You say 1.2.3 RC3 but there wasn't a 1.2.3 RC3

More details please.