Enhancement/Bug: Drive Space
Started by Zardoz2293

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Zardoz2293

98 posts 56 threads Joined: Mar 2011
12-07-2011, 11:10 AM -
All of the other plugins I've used have the dropdown list for the "Skin" using the sort order of the folders where the skin is located. It allows you to effectively perform a custom sort by ordering the folders if needed to whatever you desire regardless of the skin name. However, the Drive Space "Skin" dropdown is performing an A-Z sort on the list of the skin "name" from the drvspace.ini files. Desired effect would be consistent usage for all skin dropdowns regardless of method. Preferred: sort order is via folder method used on many of the other plugins, as it allows for more options.

What are your thoughts?
True Launch Bar - Current (64-Bit) | Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-07-2011, 01:27 PM -
Usually the skins name and the folder name are the same. At least the TLB skin installer try to install skins into the same folder as the skin name.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Zardoz2293

98 posts 56 threads Joined: Mar 2011
12-07-2011, 09:16 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Usually the skins name and the folder name are the same. At least the TLB skin installer try to install skins into the same folder as the skin name.
Yes, this is true. I discovered the sort order anomaly in the Drive Space which was different than other plugins. I created my own skins and the name I gave resulted in it being displayed at the end of the list, as I had expected. I put an "!" in front on the "name" in the ".ini" file and it still was at the end of the list so I knew the folder names were used to provide the sort order. Changed the folder names and I had my item at the top of the list. However, the "Drive Space" uses the ".ini" name attribute to sort. My point is, a user of this amazing product would expect the same method to be used for the entire TLB system, plugins, etc. Sort By .INI-> Name attribute or Sort By Folder Name for consistency.

What are your thoughts?
True Launch Bar - Current (64-Bit) | Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720