"Bring back a feature" Request
Started by gamick

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
gamick

18 posts 7 threads Joined: Jun 2007
12-10-2012, 07:27 AM -
Back about a year ago when you changed the provider for the Weather Forecast plugin to Yahoo I noticed the current wind chill/ heat index in prior versions was missing. When I mentioned it in the forum you had said you would fix that next time you updated the plugin.

Any progress? The wind chill is -28F this morning and that is very helpful to have in a pop-up at my fingertips like it used to be. If you go to Yahoo Weather they do use wind chill so the information should be available to incorporate.

Thanks Yuri! Smile
This post was last modified: 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM by gamick.
gamick

18 posts 7 threads Joined: Jun 2007
01-21-2013, 06:33 AM -
Any word on the weather plugin? Out here in what seems like Siberia today (-28F) it's important that we keep up with what it actually feels like temperature wise. Depending on where you live this is called the "Feels Like" temperature, the "Wind Chill" etc. That information was lost when the weather provider was changed to Yahoo back a year ago. I realize you are very busy but was curious if that information was going to be put back. If not I need to get a different application that will make that available to my desktop in a single click like the weather plugin is. I would certainly not stop using TLB over it, because it's one of my favorite utilities but it would be so much more convenient than having to add another application. Thanks.

Any info you can pass on would be much appreciated.