(Request) Battery Monitor v2.0 Alarm Loop
Started by quattrocchi

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
quattrocchi

52 posts 11 threads Joined: Jan 2010
12-21-2012, 08:17 PM -
Could I please request that Battery Monitor to play the warning sound with an option to loop the sound file. Then provide for a way to stop it manually. Stop it also when the mains is plugged in.

I tried editing a wav file so a simple alarm file became a really long one, but it wouldn't stop!

Brian
Auckland
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
12-25-2012, 03:41 PM -
This is a great idea.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-26-2012, 12:05 PM -
Thank you very much for suggestion. I'll add this feature. BTW, do you have ideas how to stop playing sound?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
quattrocchi

12-26-2012, 06:12 PM -
(12-26-2012, 12:05 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Thank you very much for suggestion. I'll add this feature. BTW, do you have ideas how to stop playing sound?
No, Yuri. But I'd imagine that if the alarm app starts the sound with a 'run' command, there would be a 'quit' command. Or is this too simple? That's with a long sound of course. With a short sound - many default alarm sounds seem to be short (I don't know why, as they'd be useless if we are away from the machine) - then there might be commands such as 'repeat' and 'quit repeat'.
I'm sure someone with your code-writing powers would have this at your fingertips. 'repeat unless ...' etc

Appropriate seasonal greetings to all from the south of the pacific
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-27-2012, 12:51 AM -
I'm sorry I was unclear. I'm not asking about coding (I know how to code the sound repeat and how to stop it). I'm asking about the user action to stop the sound. I see some ways:
1. Click on Battery Monitor will stop the sound loop
2. It is possible to show the popup window with notification about low power. So you have to close this popup window to stop the sound.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
quattrocchi

12-27-2012, 01:20 AM -
(12-27-2012, 12:51 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: I'm asking about the user action to stop the sound. I see some ways:
1. Click on Battery Monitor will stop the sound loop
2. It is possible to show the popup window with notification about low power. So you have to close this popup window to stop the sound.
Yes, closing the pop-up window would bo ok. AND plugging in the mains supply. Can you do it soon??? Khorosho!

Brian