Add / Remove plugin
Started by gks

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
gks

18 posts 4 threads Joined: Nov 2014
11-06-2014, 03:12 AM -
I tried to post in a related thread since previous 3 days and made around 5-6 posts but none of those posts is displayed in that thread till now, so in the end i'm forced to create a new thread for this purpose.

The webpage for add / remove plugin show all the menu-items with appropriate program icons in front of them, but i'm getting only the standard 'setup' icon in front of each entry in add / remove plugin menu.

Please suggest how to get the icons in front of the items,

Or One needs to put the program icon in front of each entry, Manually, Separately ?

Also is there any options to change the specific plugins related settings in their own settings windows ?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-06-2014, 09:41 AM -
Quote:I tried to post in a related thread since previous 3 days and made around 5-6 posts but none of those posts is displayed in that thread till now, so in the end i'm forced to create a new thread for this purpose
Sorry for delay. The first post is always on pre-moderation. Now your posts will be more visible.

Quote:The webpage for add / remove plugin show all the menu-items with appropriate program icons in front of them, but i'm getting only the standard 'setup' icon in front of each entry in add / remove plugin menu.
As I answered in other thread, I'll try to fix this.

BTW, usually you don't need the "add / remove plugin" since Windows Vista. Open the "Programs and Features" from the control panel, then take the icon from the address bar by right mouse button and drag it on True Launch Bar. When you release the right mouse button, select "Create Menu Here". TLB will create the virtual folder with content of add/remove list. And all items will be with the icons.

Quote:Also is there any options to change the specific plugins related settings in their own settings windows ?
Sorry, I don't understand this clearly. To change the plugin settings you have to right-click the plugin and select "Properties", but some plugins like "add/remove" don't have the properties.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gks

18 posts 4 threads Joined: Nov 2014
11-06-2014, 06:51 PM -
Thanks Yuri,
Yes i'm getting the icons now.

And in my view instead of fixing the add / remove plugin AND ALSO to save your time from replying to similar posts in future,
you May put the below lines on Add / remove plugin page and in help file (Re-phrasing the sentences replied by you only) ->

So that your time can be used for More fruitful Imporvements to this Powerful program (I put your program in the same Powerful programs category in which i put Directory Opus).

'This plugin was initially created for Windows XP and works fine on it but on Windows 7 / 8, it may not display the program icons in all the cases, perfectly.

Due to the Extra features additions in TLB and imporvements in Windows 7 / 8, In Windows 7 / 8 - the Add / Remove plugin's effect can be achieved 'More Easily' by following the below steps (the below steps are usually followed for creating a 'Virtual folder' in TLB) ->
Open the "Programs and Features" from the control panel, then take the icon from the address bar by right mouse button and drag it on True Launch Bar. When you release the right mouse button, select "Create Menu Here". TLB will create the virtual folder with content of add/remove list. And all items will be with the icons.

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-07-2014, 01:20 PM -
Thank you!
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
11-08-2014, 06:16 PM -
improvements - not imporvements