Portable Version Bug(s)
Started by cpriest

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
cpriest

19 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2012
12-30-2014, 01:26 PM -
I've just installed and configured the portable version of TLB, I know there was no mention of getting it to work in both standalone and embedded within explorer but I was able to get it registered via regsvr32 tlb.dll from the portable directory.

I've noticed two things:

1) The portably installed/registered version does not recognize most of the plugins I have installed, the portably tlbHost.exe launched version does. (Only Menu, Separator, Recently Accessed & Shortcut, all built-ins I expect).

2) I noticed shortcuts placed in ordinary folders do not expand, I tested this with the non-portable version and got the same results. In addition the help text for the TLBSettings... option specifically mentions it only works with Virtual Folders, but none the less why is that? Is it a bug or something that cannot be done?

3) The "Switch Toolbar" option for the registered dll shows the correct item and the Manage Toolbars menu item shows the correct item, but my tlbhost.exe switch submenu shows 3 items (Left, Default Folder & TopBar) but the Manage Toolbars... only shows "TopBar." Only TopBar & Left - Main are correct/exist in the toolbars folder. Confusing why they would be separate lists and have items which do not exist.

4) Lastly, the "use global settings" has no context help nor does it seem to operate the way I would expect. I have the tlbHost.exe (TopBar) and single embedded toolbar (Left) both set to use global settings but they show inconsistent lists of available toolbars.

Thanks!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-08-2015, 09:33 PM -
Just found one problem with portable version in the taskbar. TLB gets information about portable mode from tlbHost.exe, so TLB thinks its not portable when it is in the taskbar. So the plugins, toolbars list and other staff are different. I'll fix this in the next version.

Quote:4) Lastly, the "use global settings" has no context help nor does it seem to operate the way I would expect. I have the tlbHost.exe (TopBar) and single embedded toolbar (Left) both set to use global settings but they show inconsistent lists of available toolbars.
By default the TLB Settings for different toolbars are independent of each other. When "use global settings" option is on, the TLB Settings for all toolbars with this option on are the same. For example, you have two toolbars with "use global settings" turned on. When you change something in the TLB Settings for one toolbar, these settings are applied for the second toolbar also.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
cpriest

19 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2012
01-10-2015, 08:47 AM -
(01-08-2015, 09:33 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Just found one problem with portable version in the taskbar. TLB gets information about portable mode from tlbHost.exe, so TLB thinks its not portable when it is in the taskbar. So the plugins, toolbars list and other staff are different. I'll fix this in the next version.

Ok, awesome, thank you!

(01-08-2015, 09:33 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: By default the TLB Settings for different toolbars are independent of each other. When "use global settings" option is on, the TLB Settings for all toolbars with this option on are the same. For example, you have two toolbars with "use global settings" turned on. When you change something in the TLB Settings for one toolbar, these settings are applied for the second toolbar also.

I finally came to that same conclusion myself about the feature, I had assumed the main/first toolbar I had created was the 'global settings' default.

Thanks again Yuri!