Show Desktop - Adding shortcut to popup Menu.
Started by S1RE

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
S1RE

15 posts 5 threads Joined: Nov 2002
11-17-2002, 09:52 AM -
This may be a bug but I am trying to add the Show-Desktop button to my TLB Menu. When its first added the icon is lost and I end up resetting that. It's wiered though it seems after I close the pop up menu and then bring it back up I can see the Show-Desktop icon I added which shows anything on my desktop besides being the icon I click to minimize all windows actually disappears from sight and you can see this if you watch closely.

Also is it possible to change the name of the registree on the About page?

True Launch Bar v2.0
[Image: tlb.gif]
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
11-17-2002, 02:24 PM -
I'm not sure I'm following correctly here, but the way I understand it is that you are adding your Show Desktop shortcut to a TLB menu. When you do so, it behaves like a folder initially, instead of a shortcut, then simply disappears after the menu closes and reopens. I'm not sure why this is happening, but here's something you can try: Make your own file that does the same thing.
The show desktop shortcut is really just a windows batch file, kind of. To make your own, open up a new notepad document, and copy and paste the following text into it:
Code:
[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop
Save this file with the name and path of your choosing, but make the extension .SCF instead of .TXT. SCF should be registered as a Windows Explorer Command file extension. Then you just make a shortcut to this file in your TLB menu, and voila.

Hope this helps!
S1RE

11-17-2002, 03:15 PM -
You understand perfectly and I did the code sample and saved as, "showdesktop.scf" to my desktop dragged it into the TLB menu and the same exact thing happens that was posted in the pic above.

I'm not sure why it even shows my computer through the showdesktop folder icon which it shouldn't be.

Maybe in the taskbar it has an option to select show my computer icon on the desktop, or something similar I don't know.

I just noticed and you can also see this in the pic posted above but the add title somewhere in the TLB right click menu is a add title. The seperator that is broken should have text in the middle, but its transparent or seems to be- but why?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-17-2002, 04:13 PM -
Quote:This may be a bug but I am trying to add the Show-Desktop button to my TLB Menu. When its first added the icon is lost and I end up resetting that. It's wiered though it seems after I close the pop up menu and then bring it back up I can see the Show-Desktop icon I added which shows anything on my desktop besides being the icon I click to minimize all windows actually disappears from sight and you can see this if you watch closely.
Yes this is bug Sad It can be reproduced with every file dropped into My Computer folder. BTW you cannot add files into this folder because this is virtual folder that is not on file system (on disk). If you want Show Desktop on menu you can create menu named My Computer (not a virtual folder) then add there all items from real My Computer and Show Desktop icon too.

Quote:Also is it possible to change the name of the registree on the About page?
Yes it is possible. Write to support@tsoftcentral.com from your registration email and I'll change your registration name.

Quote:I just noticed and you can also see this in the pic posted above but the add title somewhere in the TLB right click menu is a add title. The seperator that is broken should have text in the middle, but its transparent or seems to be- but why?
Try to change the Titles Font in the Menu appearance tab of TLB Settings.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
S1RE

11-17-2002, 04:38 PM -
Quote:If you want Show Desktop on menu you can create menu named My Computer (not a virtual folder) then add there all items from real My Computer and Show Desktop icon too.

I cannot reproduce the result your explaining.

I made new menu nammed My Computer all the icons were already there that are in the My Computer link in the start menu.

I just deleted the second My Computer menu and it made the whole start menu disappear. Including my original My Computer Menu icon from the TLB disappear ?BUG?

I'll work on this more later...

Okay its working now...
[Image: tlb2.gif]
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-17-2002, 04:52 PM -
1) right-click on toolbar New->Menu
2) Type the name for menu (My Computer) !!!DO NOT PRESS Create Virtual Folder BUTTON!!!
3) Press OK

Now you have empty menu

4) Using right button drag all disks from my computer into your new menu. When you release the button you will see the menu. Select Create Menu Here menu item.

Also you can place any shortcut into menu.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
S1RE

11-17-2002, 04:54 PM -
Ok I just edited my previous message and you were replying to everything I wrote after the, "I'll work on this more later..." -lol-