Started by rich

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
rich

93 posts 19 threads Joined: Aug 2001
11-29-2002, 12:07 AM -
Hi Yuri,

On some of my smaller toolbars, I like to have seperators that are wider than the default skinny line.

To do this I have a shortcut that points to an icon file (said icon being just a normal sized transparent icon with a simple dot right in the middle of it, about the size of a period), the advantage is, I get a full icons width of spacing between items, the disadvantage is, if I accidentaly click on it, I get my icon editor open with this file in it.

Can there be a way to either define the width of the seperators you already have in TLB (as wider) or if not that, then how about a the ability to tell TLB to always ignore (ie, not launch) a certain extension (like .ico)

Here's a screen capture of how I currently do it:

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amewesing.com/images/r/snag52.jpg">www.amewesing.com/images/r/snag52.jpg</a><!-- w -->

My .02 Smile

Rich
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
11-29-2002, 07:19 AM -
You could always make your own skin and define the seperators with any bitmap you like, making them as wide as you want. Clicking on a seperator has no affect. When you make your own skin, you can also just specify the spacing between icons so you don't have to put seperators between everything if you don't want to. You lose the dots if you do it that way, though.
rich

11-29-2002, 08:48 PM -
shapeshifter,

Thanks for the suggestion! Ahh, but only if I had the time! Between looking for a job (my position was eliminated) & going to school for my CCNA & OCP certifications... I hardly have time to sleep, let alone time for making skins! Wink

personaly, I'd like a more "global" approach so I could make this adjustment to a given toolbar, no matter what skin I have loaded.

Appreciate your feedback though!

Rich
UserFriendly

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2003
02-04-2003, 05:36 PM -
Rich,

If Windows Scripting Host is installed (it probably is). Try this: Create a new text file. Leave it blank, rename the extension to .vbs

Make your seperators shortcuts to this file & give them your 'seperator' icon - when they're run, nothing will happen Smile

I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to do this. Possibly better ways... just think laterally.

-UserFriendly
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
02-04-2003, 07:14 PM -
Quote:Try this: Create a new text file. Leave it blank, rename the extension to .vbs

That's a great idea that could probably come in handy under other circumstances, too.
rich

02-05-2003, 08:11 AM -
Great suggestion UserFriendly!

Still I hope Uri implements something builtin, as it gets a little tedious.

But for now, this is MUCH better than having iconWorkshop open every time I accidentaly click on a spacer!

Thanks again!

Rich
UserFriendly

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2003
02-09-2003, 09:57 AM -
I'm glad I could help Big Grin. I agree with you about getting something built in though.

Actually I was just thinking about that & thought of another way to do it - just increase your button widths (Metrics Tab) to around 15-20. Of course, this doesn't actually seperate the buttons.

Maybe Yuri could add "Space between buttons: " on the Metrics Tab?

-UserFriendly
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-09-2003, 12:49 PM -
See here about Spacer plugin Wink
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com