screen rotation issue with startkiller
Started by kileytoo

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
kileytoo

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2016
03-01-2016, 12:32 AM -
Hi, I am using StartKiller on a new tablet that has Windows 8.1 (cannot downgrade to Win 7 because the internal drive is eMMC). SK, with the option to kill the metro interface on, is the single solution I found so far to disable the top-down swipe (a.k.a. drag-to-close) touch gesture, which is extremely annoying if you want to use only the Desktop. Unfortunately, when I am running SK with the kill metro option on, screen rotation becomes buggy: the windows do rotate, but do not resize, while a third of the screen becomes unresponsive to touch and the graphics do not refresh. At first I thought it was an issue with the graphics drivers but then it turned out that the issue disappears when the kill metro option is off, and reappear when it is on. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same issue? Any advice on how to fix it?

I thought about trying MetroKiller, instead of SK with the turn off metro option on, but I doubt it would help much as I guess it's the same code.
This post was last modified: 03-06-2016, 09:35 PM by kileytoo.
kileytoo

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2016
03-06-2016, 09:36 PM -
I edited my first post to give more details about my troubleshooting steps. Anyone?