Started by Shield

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

0 posts in this topic
Shield

32 posts 12 threads Joined: Apr 2007
Lightbulb  03-11-2016, 10:21 AM -
Hello,

I would like to add a suggestion concerning the Clipboard Manager plugin, which IMHO has a lot of potential, however is quite bulky to use.

But to begin with, a proper clipboard manager should have the capability to transform formatted into plain text. I know the plugin can do is by abusing the trim or upper-/lowercase transformations, but altering the text AND sacrificing another clipboard spot can't be called a serious option.

My suggestion aims at dragging & dropping a content into the target application, and if desired, as plain text. This could be accomplished by making use of a hotkey, or dedicated plain-text-icons in the menu.

In order to copy numerous entries into the application, the menu should stay open until the mouse is clicked elsewhere.

Unfortunately, the somewhat essential drag & drop feature is currently not working most of the time, as it seems not to be compatible with most applications. It works with LibreOffice, but doesn't with EditPlus, good old Frontpage, and hell, not even notepad!!

I'm running Windows 7 x64 with current TLB v7.3 and Clipboard Manager v5.2 here.

In any case, thank you for paying attention! Shy