True Launch Bar Logo - ...is there a way to change the writing?
Started by (炉`路._.路`炉)

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
(炉`路._.路`炉)

9 posts 3 threads Joined: Dec 2002
12-15-2002, 06:35 AM -
Is there a way to actually do something about the "True Launch Bar" writing and a very small button next to it? It is a bit uncomfortable for the users with large monitors or with high screen resolution to aim for the little arrow. I think, that he best oftion would be a True Launch Bar Logo [Image: top.gif] next to the start button. I know that there is an option not to show the toolbar name, but the arrow is still difficult to aim at. Is it possible to make a small true launch bar logo, and make the menus pop up if you either put the mouse over it or click on it, or make it a button.

Regards.

PS: 脽 贸芒氓冒氓铆, 矛氓铆每 茂卯茅矛贸貌... 脧冒卯茫冒脿矛矛脿 茂冒卯帽貌卯 锚毛脿帽帽!! 脦 锚铆卯茂冒氓 脧贸帽锚 贸忙氓 莽脿谩没毛! 脩茂脿帽猫谩卯 莽脿 貌脿锚贸镁 冒脿谩卯貌贸!!
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
12-15-2002, 07:28 AM -
If you want to make all the TLB shortcuts and menus appear inside one main menu, that's easy enough to do. Just create a new menu (Right click on TLB -> New -> Menu). Name it whatever you like, then drag and drop all your shortcuts and menus into it. Then you can change the icon of this folder. Right click it -> Appearance -> Change Icon. Click browse, and navigate to the icon you want to use (tlb.dll in your TrueLaunchBar directory contains the TLB Logo). Click Open, select the icon (I'd recommen using the second TLB logo), and click ok. Then you can make this icon as big as you like. Right click on the new menu, -> Appearance -> Large Icons. This will make that icon 32x32 (by default). If that isn't big enough, or you want a different size, you can add icon sizes to the Appearance menu. Right click on an icon in TLB and select "TLB Settings...". Go to the Metrics tab and click the New button to add whatever icon size you want (for example 24, 48, 96, 128, or whatever). Most Windows XP icons (including that second TLB Logo) come in 16, 32, and 48 sizes, but TLB does a pretty good job of resizing them to whatever size you want. After you add the new icon size in the TLB Settings menu, click ok, right click the new folder, select Appearance, then select the new size you created. Now you have a much bigger (and prettier Wink ) target to hit when you want to display your TLB. Plus, under TLB Settings (General Options tab), you can make the menus open when you hover over them, and automatically close after the mouse leaves. I don't know of a way to make the text bigger without affecting all your other windows apps, so I'd say just hide it.

Another option would be to create your own skin using the TLB logo as the vertical chevron (>>) graphic. But the other way is much easier to create and modify Big Grin
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
12-15-2002, 08:12 AM -
By the way, you do know that you can change the ammount of space on your taskbar TLB is allowed to occupy, right? The chevron only appears when TLB is too big to fit in the space allowed. You might have to unlock the taskbar first (right click on the taskbar, then uncheck Lock the Taskbar). After you resize everything the way you like it, you can lock the taskbar again. Every time I do this I get an 80's music flashback. Maybe it's just me.

o/^ The Shareef don't like it
Lock the Taskbar
Lock the Taskbar o/^
Denis

192 posts 19 threads Joined: Dec 2002
12-15-2002, 01:18 PM -
[Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]

Locking The Taskbar! Locking The Taskbar! Big Grin