Using the Virtual Desktop plugin
Started by cmishima

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
cmishima

347 posts 138 threads Joined: Jun 2001
01-02-2003, 09:33 PM -
Windows OS can support multiple monitors (as many as nine) attached to one computer. If you can afford to add one or more monitors you can have a very large desktop and can have several large windows open at one time.

[Image: multiple.jpg]

However if you do not have multiple monitor True Launch Bar can simulate having multiple desktops with the Virtual Desktops plugin.

After installing the plugin and rebooting your system (remember to do this step) you will see the new plugin Virtual desktop on the True Launch Bar context menu under New.

[Image: vdesktop1.jpg]

After selecting this plugin you will see the properties page where you will setup how many virtual desktops you want plus other details.

[Image: vdesktop2.jpg]

After doing this and pressing OK you will find a new icon on the True Launch Bar. Here you can see two virtual desktops ready to be used.

[Image: vdesktop3.jpg]

Click on the number icon for the virtual desktop you want, open any programs you want to use then if you want to change to another desktop with some other programs simply click on another desktop number.

This is called multi-tasking. It can be a very effective way to use your computer.
Please read the True Launch Bar FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.info">http://www.truelaunchbar.info</a><!-- m -->
EuroMartin

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2002
01-13-2003, 10:49 AM -
I like the size of the Virtual Desktop Plugin!

Will it be possible to move applications between the desktops in later versions?

I would also like to be able to change the color of the numbers.

Thanks for another nice plugin!
/Martin
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
01-13-2003, 01:07 PM -
Quote:I would also like to be able to change the color of the numbers.

Personally, I'd love to see that taken a step further and have
the plugin skinable.