Spacer Plugin Malfunction @ Menu Bottom - Problem w/Plugin at bottom of menus
Started by agapeincognito

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
agapeincognito

14 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2003
08-25-2003, 06:03 AM -
Latest Beta Version (2.2.0.7) of True Launch Bar and latest version of Spacer Plugin.

To enhance the readability of menus, I want to place a "spacer" at the very bottom of the menu. However, it only works sometimes. When it doesn't work, dragging it to the bottom only returns it to its original position in the menu.

I have tried inserting a new spacer, using an already existing spacer, etc. Of course, there is no option to "Insert Below or After" a menu item - the default and only option is "Above and Before", so I can't insert the spacer directly at the end, below the last menu item.

I have also tried working directly with the XML code in the menu folder. Still doesn't work.

What is even odder is that some folders do work (dragging the spacer to the bottom OR working in the XML code). Even recreating the folder gets mixed results the second time around.

Thanks for your help.
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
08-25-2003, 06:40 AM -
When you drag the spacer, there should be (depending on OS maybe?) an indicator that shows where the spacer will be placed when you release the mouse button. It can be very difficult to see, particularly at the extreme top or bottom of a menu, but it should still be there. Try watching the bottom corners of the menu. If you can see the tops of the end flanges (the indicator on my system is shaped something like |>-----------<|), then you have found the "sweet spot" and the spacer should relocate to the desired location when you release the mouse button. There may be something Yuri can do to make this easier, but this should get you by in the meantime.
agapeincognito

08-25-2003, 08:30 AM -
I have already ensured that the "placebar" was visible and in the correct spot. Actually, in testing, there were several spots within the menu that I couldn't place the spacer - it would just pop back to where it originated. It seems however, that the bottom spot is consistently problematic.

Also, when working directly in the XML, you have complete control. I'm not sure how much of the XML was intended to be directly editable, but I have worked with it before to complete precise placement and it works fine. But it gives me the same results with the spacer at the bottom as does "drag and drop".

Thanks for trying though.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-25-2003, 02:29 PM -
Spacer plugin is not compatible with auto arrange option for menu. I plan to add Spacer features into built-in separators.

Edited By Yuri Kobets on Aug. 25 2003 at 16:31
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
agapeincognito

09-02-2003, 02:23 PM -
"Auto Arrange" didn't even dawn on me. I hadn't realized that I had unintentionally turned it on on a couple of the menus, which (as you stated) is why the plugin problem arised.

I am happy to turn off Auto Arrange and it works great now! Thanks!