Virtual Folder & Change Icon - ...don't seem to like each other :)
Started by PsychoMark

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
08-25-2003, 11:48 AM -
After having just done a fresh install of TLB (and my whole system actually Sad), I've been setting up TLB again. I added the Control Panel as a virtual folder, and tries to use the Change Icon option. It works, but when I select "Refresh" it returns to the original icon... I've never used virtual folders in TLB before, so I don't know if this bug is recent or has always been there...

Here's some system info:

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1
Shell Version:6.0.2800.1233
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106
TLB version: 2.2.0.7

I have installed all plugins, latest versions (downloaded half an hour ago), though only the Spacer is currently used.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-25-2003, 02:28 PM -
Please tell me the versions of msxml*.dll files from SYSTEM32 folder. Also please check if the layout of shortcuts will be saved after refresh.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
PsychoMark

08-25-2003, 10:22 PM -
I've got:

msxml.dll - 8.0.6730.0
msxmlr.dll - 8.0.6730.0
msxml2.dll - 8.30.8709.0
msxml2r.dll - 8.1.7502.0
msxml3.dll - 8.30.9926.0
msxml3r.dll - 8.20.8730.1

I don't know what you meant by "layout of shortcuts", the other folders are working fine though I have no shortcuts directly on the bar. I noticed no extra file being written and no changes to "Control Panel
amespace.fld" when I changed the icon, so I'm wondering; where would it be stored, if it's stored at all?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-26-2003, 09:49 AM -
Quote:I don't know what you meant by "layout of shortcuts"...
If you change the order of icons inside menu this order will be saved after refresh?

Quote:I noticed no extra file being written and no changes to "Control Panel
amespace.fld" when I changed the icon, so I'm wondering; where would it be stored, if it's stored at all?
namespace.fld is the shortcut only (copy it into some folder and rename into namespace.lnk Wink ) All settings must be stored into tlbdata.xml Use IE to view this file.

Please can you post screenshot of CP menu where you cannot change icon. Is this menu on toolbar or inside menu?
The TORDEX Team
PsychoMark

08-26-2003, 10:06 AM -
Quote:If you change the order of icons inside menu this order will be saved after refresh?

Yes, it's stored correctly.

Quote:namespace.fld is the shortcut only (copy it into some folder and rename into namespace.lnk Wink ) All settings must be stored into tlbdata.xml Use IE to view this file.

...or XMLSpy for that matter Smile. I was wondering where the file was, and realized that I didn't turn on "Show hidden files" yet (which I normally do right after a format, guess I forgot it this time). The settings are stored just fine, the icon is added to setup.ini as well, but after the refresh this icon is lost. It is still in the INI, but completely ignored it seems...

Quote:Please can you post screenshot of CP menu where you cannot change icon. Is this menu on toolbar or inside menu?

This happens when the menu/virtual folder is on the toolbar, and I just tested it in a submenu, it still occurs. Doubt a screenshot will help, but if you still need one, you know where to find me Smile.

However!

Somehow, it just got better. For some unknown reason it suddenly adds an "iconLocation" parameter to the XML, and this time the icon is remembered correctly. In the tests I did before it did not write this parameter, I was constantly monitoring the XML and INI. Don't have a clue on why it wouldn't write it before. In fact, using the "Change Icon" again shows that it does update the INI, but not the XML. I've tried opening the menu after changing the icon (as I did that just before it succeeded as well, I thought maybe that triggered the XML write), but I can't figure out what's causing it to fail...

Hope this helps, if you need any more info/files, just scream Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-26-2003, 12:48 PM -
Thank you for investigation Smile I've reproduced the bug and fix it in the next version.
The TORDEX Team