Menu Shortcut to Directoy
Started by Zero-Point

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Zero-Point

93 posts 13 threads Joined: Feb 2003
10-20-2003, 09:44 PM -
I'm not really sure what to call this, but try to explain the best I can right now.

What I wanted to do was add the internet radio stations (PLS files) to a child menu in my multimedia menu. I have a directory on my HD (U:\-=[ Music ]=-\Internet Radio Stations) that I store the PLS files on (and sub-folders holding groups of stations).

Trying to add this got me to thinking that TLB doesn't have the feature (or I can't find it) that I was needing. I had to make a new menu and create shortcuts to the PLS files on the "root", make new directories in the menu and finish creating shortcuts to the child PLS files (inside the sub-folders).

Is there a way to set the menu to a directory and it be linked somewhat like a shortcut and I can browse through like going through explorer?

I have seen some programs in the past that do this with right-click and browse throgh the entire file system. Perhaps this could be a plugin if TLB is uncapable of it.

Thanks,

shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-20-2003, 11:54 PM -
I may be misunderstanding, but it sounds like you want to create a virtual folder. To do so, right click where you want to add the folder, then select New -> Menu. Then click "Create Virtual Folder". In the Dialog that comes up, navigate to the root PLS directory (U:\-=[ Music ]=-\Internet Radio Stations), highlight it, and click "Ok". Then click "Create", and TLB will allow you to navigate this folder and all subfolders like a menu.

Is this what you had in mind?
Zero-Point

93 posts 13 threads Joined: Feb 2003
10-21-2003, 08:46 AM -
shapeshifter,

Exactly what I was looking for! For some reason, I thought the create virtual folder was "somewhat" like a toolbar and the "Create" was where you wanted the folder to reside, not the destination.

Thanks a lot!