TLB Clock - it's not a bug :)
Started by NilColor

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
NilColor

28 posts 8 threads Joined: May 2003
10-27-2003, 05:05 AM -
Is there any way to join format mask for "date" and "time" field?
i like to setup my TLB clock to show smth like this:
Mon 15:12:45

but i can't do that because in "time format" field it is not allowed to use "ddd" format and vice versa...
Maybe a memo field in which wa can just type anything will be better? i.e.
Code:
'Day: ' DDD 'Month: ' MMMM
'Current time: 'HH:mm ' year 'yyyy
(just a sample ) Wink
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-27-2003, 06:29 AM -
You could always create a skin to do this. If you want, I can make one up for you, but I'd need more specifics: font name, size, and color for both time and date, relative allignment (right alligned like you showed?), margin size (left, right, top, and bottom), background (color [which?], picture [of what?], or blank?), and overall plugin height and width. I can also do a couple of neat effects if you'd like: a "progress bar" (vertical, horizontal, or circular) type display instead of digital seconds and/or a backgroud or other graphical element that changes depending on whether it's am or pm. I love a challenge, so if you've got something else in mind, I'd be happy to try and make that happen, too.
NilColor

10-27-2003, 08:07 AM -
skin... it's cool but...
Yes, I know about this method to solve a problem Smile
but I don't like it... why? i - don't know Smile
maybe i'd like when my TLB looks like a xptheme i currently use... and i don't want to draw new skin when i change theme... or some thing else... i use TLB with Media and Clock plugin and non of them are use a skin and i like it Smile
i can draw the skin by myself and i if do that i post it at TLB site Smile. but it is not a better way to solve this ... not a problem, just misunderstanding of logic.

PS
sorry for my english Wink
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-27-2003, 02:08 PM -
I agree the functionality you suggested would be nice to have. I was just offering a work around that you could use untill Yuri gets a chance to change the code.
NilColor

10-28-2003, 07:06 AM -
OK :p