Weather Monirot icons and text not showing
Started by gstathis

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
gstathis

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2003
10-27-2003, 08:27 PM -
Hi, I'm having some problems with the Weather Monitor plug-in. I looked in the forums but I didn't see anything similar. If this is a well known issue and I've missed it, please point me to the right thread:

Here is my system spec:

...:::My System Info:::...

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1

Shell Version:6.0.2800.1233

Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106

TLB version: 2.2.0.7

I am unable to see any icons from the Weather Monitor plug-in no matter what skin I use. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it, with no changes. All other plug-ins that I have tried so far (I've tried all except the Mail Monitor) are working fine on my system.

When I hover over the blank space where the icons are supposed to appear, a tool-tip comes up with all the relevant weather info, so, it is retrieving the information on-line. It's just that the PNG images of the font and icons won't appear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

GS
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-27-2003, 08:42 PM -
We need to know which provider file and URL you are using.
gstathis

10-27-2003, 09:51 PM -
I'm using the "wunderground.ini" file with the following URL:
http://www.wunderground.com/US/MA/Boston.html
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-28-2003, 05:25 AM -
All seems to be working ok for me now. It's possible the web page was reporting a condition for which there was no associated icon. If that happens again (I'm assuming it's working fine now), you can right click the plugin and select "Change Icon". This will open a dialog box that allows you to choose from the available icons one to associate with the current weather conditions.
gstathis

10-28-2003, 11:17 AM -
shapeshifter Wrote:All seems to be working ok for me now. It's possible the web page was reporting a condition for which there was no associated icon. If that happens again (I'm assuming it's working fine now), you can right click the plugin and select "Change Icon". This will open a dialog box that allows you to choose from the available icons one to associate with the current weather conditions.
Chaning the icon did force it to show at least something. Here is a screen shot of what I'm talking about. There is no temperature displayed, even though I chose for it to be shown. I am using the "FULL32" skin in this image. All other skins don't show anything, not even text. Notice the appearance of "N/A". When I right-click to change the icon, the pop-up menu with the available icons has the title "N/A". Also, I downloaded some extra skins to see if it was a problem with the current skins. I unzipped them in the plug-in skins folder. They don't even show up in the skin drop down box in the properties window of the plug-in.

Let me know if I can gather more information to help figure this out.

-GS
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-28-2003, 12:11 PM -
Do you install Providers Pack?
http://www.truelaunchbar.com/plugins/wea...rspack.zip
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gstathis

10-28-2003, 01:42 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Do you install Providers Pack?
http://www.truelaunchbar.com/plugins/wea...rspack.zip
I got it to work with the Weather Network. Some skins still don't work with most of these providers though. The only one that works more consitantly than the rest is "Full32". The Weather Channel (black) skin does not show up in the list of skins at all.