Started by dnox

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
dnox

26 posts 7 threads Joined: Nov 2003
11-02-2003, 04:42 AM -
Great software.

Is there anyway i could get drive space to open 2xExplorer rather than windows explorer when i click on the bar graph?

keep up the good work
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
11-02-2003, 08:52 AM -
Copied from the 2xExplorer FAQ:
Quote:Q15. How can I make 2xExplorer the default application for all my folders?
A. I wouldn't recommend replacing the standard explorer altogether, but it's very easy to add a "verb" that will give you the chance to open folders with 2xExplorer. From explorer edit the "File Type" associations (View | Folder Options | File Types tab). It's not very intuitive, but if you scroll down you'll find a Folder "file type", which you can Edit as usual. Create a new verb e.g. "2xOpen" and edit its action. This should have "c:\YourPath\2xExplorer.exe" "%1" as the new command line (including the quotation marks, too). Now whenever you right click on a folder, there's going to be a "2xOpen" item in the context menu.

Before we get started, let me just point out that you should only do this if you are comfortable making changes to the way your operating system functions. Read through this entire post and make sure you understand it before attempting this modification.

Using the above information, we can take it a little further. Follow the above instructions, but edit the Drive "file type" instead of the Folder "file type". When you are done adding the information, make that verb the default action. When you click on the Drive Space plugin, it applies the default action for drives to the drive you clicked. In this case (if everything was done right), Drive Space will open the apporpriate drive in 2xExplorer.

If you ever need to remove this new default action, you must edit your registry. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT->Drive->shell and find the verb you created. Delete that key (the folder icon on the left-hand pane) and links to your drives will behave as they did previously.

Now go register, it's well worth it! Big Grin
dnox

26 posts 7 threads Joined: Nov 2003
11-02-2003, 10:18 AM -
nice done deal just waiting for the email !!! thanks for your help