RSS Feed without a name is crashing News Reader V4.2!
Started by gate1975mlm

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
08-28-2012, 06:59 AM -
Hi Yuri,

I tried adding the following a RSS feed to the News Reader V 4.2 and News Reader V 4.2 for some reason will not give this feed a name and I clicked finish even though no name was field in for the feed and now everytime I click on the news reader it crashes Windows Explorer on my Windows 7 64 Bit SP1 system. So I ended up having to delete the News Reader and adding a new one without this feed in it.

However when adding the same feed and name it manually it works and the news reader does not crash. So it seems if you add a feed with no name the news reader v4.2 will keep crashing Windows Explorer. Do you know why the news reader can not automaticlly get the name of the this feed? This is the first time I have added a feed and the news reader could not get the name.

Can you fix the news reader so it can get the name of this feed automatically? And can you also fix the issue where it crashes windows explorer because a feed was added without a name?

For testing just add the feed to the news reader and you will see that it does not find the name of the feed automatically. And when you click finish with the feed having no name you should now see that everytime you click the news reader it will crash Windows Explorer. I was hoping I could just delete the feed from the news reader but thats not possible because it will not open without crashing Windows Explorer. And thats why I ended up just deleteing the news reader and adding a new one.

Yuri I PM you about this issue with the feed address that is crashing the news reader too.

Thanks
gate1975mlm
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-28-2012, 02:23 PM -
I've updated News Reader. Now it don't crash with the empty name. Just using the website url as the name.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
08-28-2012, 03:32 PM -
(08-28-2012, 02:23 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: I've updated News Reader. Now it don't crash with the empty name. Just using the website url as the name.

Fantastic thanks for fixing this so quickly! Smile
This post was last modified: 08-28-2012, 03:32 PM by gate1975mlm.