• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

15 posts in this topic
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-20-2013, 04:29 PM -
Clipboard Manager v5.2 released for True Launch Bar

Changes:
  • Now it is possible to annotate snapshots via Properties of menu item.
  • Added option to clear clipboad history by double click or middle click.
  • Added Maximum age option. This is the numbers of days to keep items in the list.
  • Fixed: crash on deleting the empty plugin button.
  • Some minor improvements.

Clipboard Manager homepage
Download
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
07-21-2013, 06:17 AM -
Yuri, I installed 5.2 on two Windows 7 Pro SP1 machines this morning, rebooted, opened Clipboard Manager Properties, selected the new Double click option, clicked OK, and tested on both machines. It doesn't seem to be working. I double-click the ClipMan icon in my TLB taskbar, and there's no deletion of the clipboard history.

I tried the middle-click option on both machines, and it works perfectly with a wheel click.

(I do not have the latest TLB beta installed. Is that the problem? I thought I'd wait a bit and let others test the beta, because I use my machines for my livelihood, and depend heavily on my TLB. I plan to install the new TLB as soon as it's out of beta.)
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
07-21-2013, 06:54 AM -
(07-21-2013, 06:17 AM)Wisewiz Wrote: Yuri, I installed 5.2 on two Windows 7 Pro SP1 machines this morning, rebooted, opened Clipboard Manager Properties, selected the new Double click option, clicked OK, and tested on both machines. It doesn't seem to be working. I double-click the ClipMan icon in my TLB taskbar, and there's no deletion of the clipboard history.

I tried the middle-click option on both machines, and it works perfectly with a wheel click.

(I do not have the latest TLB beta installed. Is that the problem? I thought I'd wait a bit and let others test the beta, because I use my machines for my livelihood, and depend heavily on my TLB. I plan to install the new TLB as soon as it's out of beta.)

I can confirm this also but for me both double click and wheel click are not able to clear the clipboard manager and I am using build 6.5.2 Beta. Also the new Maximum Age feature also may not be working. Because for testing I made it 1 day and all my clips that ware weeks old are still there.

Update!
All my clips were just deleted so I guess the new Maximum Age feature is indeed working Smile

Yuri how often will the Clipboard manager check to see how old the clips are in the clipboard manager and when they are removed?

Update!

I installed True Launch Bar 6.5 final for the heck of it and I noticed under about it was still saying 6.5.2 Beta. So I ended up uninstalling 6.5.2 Beta restart computer and then reinstall 6.5 final and this worked and now True Launch Bar reports the correct build. But sorry to report the issue with double click and wheel click not clearing the clipboard is still present even in 6.5 final.

The new "annotate snapshots" via Properties of menu item is working however Smile
This post was last modified: 07-21-2013, 09:21 AM by gate1975mlm.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-21-2013, 10:13 AM -
Quote:I double-click the ClipMan icon in my TLB taskbar, and there's no deletion of the clipboard history.
If the clipboard manager is on the toolbar then you have to enable double clicks here: TLB Settings->Toolbar->General. Turn off the option "Disable double-click for toolbar buttons"

Quote:Yuri how often will the Clipboard manager check to see how old the clips are in the clipboard manager and when they are removed?
Once per 1 minute.
The TORDEX Team
gate1975mlm

07-21-2013, 12:29 PM -
(07-21-2013, 10:13 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:I double-click the ClipMan icon in my TLB taskbar, and there's no deletion of the clipboard history.
If the clipboard manager is on the toolbar then you have to enable double clicks here: TLB Settings->Toolbar->General. Turn off the option "Disable double-click for toolbar buttons"

Quote:Yuri how often will the Clipboard manager check to see how old the clips are in the clipboard manager and when they are removed?
Once per 1 minute.

unchecking "Disable double-click for toolbar buttons" worked and I can now double left click to clear clipboard. However for some reason I can not get the middle wheel click to clear the clipboard.

This post was last modified: 07-21-2013, 12:30 PM by gate1975mlm.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-21-2013, 01:28 PM -
Quote:However for some reason I can not get the middle wheel click to clear the clipboard.
Did you select the middle click in the properties?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
gate1975mlm

07-21-2013, 01:36 PM -
(07-21-2013, 01:28 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:However for some reason I can not get the middle wheel click to clear the clipboard.
Did you select the middle click in the properties?

Yes I did.

At first I thought maybe a program I have installed called X-Mouse Button Control was interfering with the middle wheel click feature because I set the middle wheel click as a "Back" button. But I went into the X-Mouse Button Control settings and change the middle wheel click back to default.Then I even uninstalled X-Mouse Button Control and I still can not clear the clipboard with the middle wheel click.

This post was last modified: 07-21-2013, 01:39 PM by gate1975mlm.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-21-2013, 01:39 PM -
Hmm... what TLB version do you use now?
The TORDEX Team
gate1975mlm

07-21-2013, 01:40 PM -
(07-21-2013, 01:39 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Hmm... what TLB version do you use now?

Currently I am back to 6.5 final.

gate1975mlm

07-22-2013, 07:29 AM -
(07-21-2013, 01:39 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Hmm... what TLB version do you use now?

Well I reinstalled 6.5.2 Beta and the Middle Wheel Click is still not working at all.

Wonder what is going on?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-22-2013, 10:42 AM -
Please can you click the mouse wheel (middle button) in Chrome, IE, Firefox? Any modern browser begins the scrolling by mouse move after middle click. This is just to test if middle button is working.
The TORDEX Team
gate1975mlm

07-22-2013, 11:03 AM -
Update!

Well some good news Smile

I just checked another computer that I never had X-Mouse Button Control installed on and the Middle Wheel Click is working just fine on the Clipboard Manager. So just for testing I went ahead and installed X-Mouse Button Control on that computer and sure enough as soon as I made the Middle Wheel Click a "Back" button it broke the Middle Wheel Click on the Clipboard Manager. However on that same computer in X-Mouse Button Control settings if I change the Middle Wheel Click back to "default" wheel action or If I shut down X-Mouse Button Control the Middle Wheel Click starts working again on the Clipboard Manager. But for some reason on the computer that I first reported the issue with changing Middle Wheel Click to Default wheel action or shutting it down has no affect and the Middle Wheel Click remains not working on the Clipboard Manager so maybe the registry got messed up or something. So to sum this hope X-Mouse Button Control and True Launch bar are having conflicts. So if you want to use the Middle Wheel Click on Clipboard Manager you can not use X-Mouse Button Control to change the Middle Wheel Click settings. I would also guess any other software that lets you change the Middle Wheel Click action would also disable the Middle Wheel Click on the Clipboard Manager. Really this is not a big deal because if I or someone really must use the Middle Wheel Click as a "Back" button then you can just use "Double Click" to clear the Clipboard Manager. Or just do it the old way and right click and select "Clear Clipboard History" Smile
Really the only reason I even use X-Mouse Button Control is because one of my mice does not have a back button on it. I may just stop using X-Mouse Button Control all together as I really don't have much need for it anymore. I guess I could always get a new cheap mouse with a back button Smile

Now I just have to figure out how to get the Middle Wheel Click working on the Clipboard Manager without having to reinstall Windows 7 on my one computer with the registry issue?
(07-22-2013, 10:42 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Please can you click the mouse wheel (middle button) in Chrome, IE, Firefox? Any modern browser begins the scrolling by mouse move after middle click. This is just to test if middle button is working.

Yep nothing happens when I click the middle wheel in IE or firefox when the middle wheel click is used as a "Back" button. So basically when you use a program like X-Mouse Button Control to change the mouse wheel click action to "Back" button it disables all other functions of the mouse wheel click. So its not just a Clipboard Manager issue. I do now remember I used to be able to middle click in my web browsers but never could since using X-Mouse Button Control. Glad I finally know why Smile lol

This post was last modified: 07-22-2013, 11:43 AM by gate1975mlm.
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
07-22-2013, 05:56 PM -
Thanks, Yuri. It's all working perfectly now.
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
gate1975mlm

07-23-2013, 04:29 AM -
One last Update!

I just realized in the X-Mouse Button Control settings I can set the Middle Wheel Click action per window. Meaning instead of making the Middle Wheel Click the "Back" button for every window I can instead just make it the "back" button for only the windows I want. So in my case I made it for all browsers and Explorer windows. And when setting it up this way there is no more conflict between X-Mouse Button Control and True Launch Bar.

So it took some time but all is great again Smile
gate1975mlm

07-27-2013, 02:13 PM -
Another Update!

Just wanted to let you know on the computer where I still could not get the middle wheel click to work I have finally figured out what the issue was. I had to install Logitech Setpoint software and then in the settings change the action of the middle wheel from "Zoom" which was default to "middle wheel". For some strange reason you must use the Setpoint software with my Logitech MX 1000 laser Mouse. I did not have this issue with my other mice on the other computers.