Started by gate1975mlm

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
07-22-2014, 12:16 PM -
Hi Yuri,

In the last 2 days my windows explorer has locked up and crashed right after I right clicked on the Clipboard Manager and clicked "Pause" at least 3 times already.

The reason I clicked pause in the first place is because I have been noticing a slight delay with the context menu closing in firefox right after clicking "copy" so I wanted to pause the Clipboard Manager to see if maybe that was interfering with the "copy" item in firefox. Also I installed a few add ons in firefox called "Copy Link URL" and "Copy Plain Text 2" which could possibly also be causing the slight delay in the context menu closing when clicking the "Copy" item. Now the strange thing is I never see this context menu closing delay when clicking either of the 2 add ons copy items. It only happens with the firefox built in copy item.

So basically I am trying to figure out why pausing the clipboard Manager is causing my windows explorer to lockup and crash at random times. And also why when I click the copy item built into firefox causes the context menu to have a slight delay before it closes.

Do you think Clipboard Manager and the 2 firefox add ons "Copy Link URL" and or "Copy Plain Text 2" are conflicting with the Clipboard Manager and causing both of my issues?

I am running True Launch Bar 6.6.5 Beta And Clipboard Manager 5.2 and also I am running Windows 7 64 Bit which I just did a fresh clean install of the other day. I also just started using the 2 firefox add ons this week and I never noticed a delay in the context menu closing when clicking the copy item in the past.
This post was last modified: 07-22-2014, 12:32 PM by gate1975mlm.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-24-2014, 02:08 PM -
I've moved the post to own topic. I guess this is not ralated to TLB v6.6.5.

I've tested "Copy Link URL" and or "Copy Plain Text 2" with Clipboard manager and without it. In both cases I get a delay. But when I turn off both add-ons and turn on then again, the delay is disappeared. Blush

Now about the Clipboard Manager. What value is in the "Take snapshot delay" (Clipboard Manager Properties)? Do you see any problem with CM except hang on pause, like it stops capture the clipboard?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
07-26-2014, 07:21 AM -
(07-24-2014, 02:08 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: I've moved the post to own topic. I guess this is not ralated to TLB v6.6.5.

I've tested "Copy Link URL" and or "Copy Plain Text 2" with Clipboard manager and without it. In both cases I get a delay. But when I turn off both add-ons and turn on then again, the delay is disappeared. Blush

Now about the Clipboard Manager. What value is in the "Take snapshot delay" (Clipboard Manager Properties)? Do you see any problem with CM except hang on pause, like it stops capture the clipboard?

Hi Yuri I have an update on what is going on here.

The value is set to 250 and yes I also noticed that the Clipboard Manager would stop adding things that I copy right before it froze and caused windows explorer to lockup.

However I also have some good news. After I removed the "Copy Plain Text 2" add on I found another one called "Copy Pure Text" and this add on does not cause the delay with the menu when clicking copy. Both add on are for the same thing but for what ever reason "Copy Pure Text" does cause any issues. Also since using "Copy Pure Text" the Clipboard Manager has not frozen and locked up windows explorer yet. Also the other add on called "Copy Link URL" was not the cause of the delay or freezing of the Clipboard Manager. The delay and freezing was definitely being caused by the "Copy Plain Text 2" add on only. Now both "Copy Plain Text 2" and "Copy Pure Text" have the same settings as you can see in the screenshots. However for what ever reason when I had "Copy Plain Text 2" installed it would not even work unless I had at least one of its setting enabled. Where as with "Copy Pure Text" it works even without any of its setting enabled. So I have a strong feeling that the reason why "Copy Plain Text 2" was causing the Clipboard Manager to freeze and lockup windows explorer was because of its setting conflicting with Clipboard Managers "Auto Trim Spaces" feature. I just wonder if I enable any of those settings in "Copy Pure Text" if I would see the same issues again. I really don't need those features I guess since Clipboard Manager pretty much does the same thing so I am glad that "Copy Pure Text" can still be used without having to enable at least one of its settings.

So to sum this up there is nothing wrong with Clipboard Manager as the main cause of my issues was the add on called "Copy Plain Text 2" I may just for the heck of it enable some of the settings in "Copy Pure Text" just to see if I start seeing the same issues again.

Also there is another add on called "Copy As Plain Text" which looks almost exactly like "Copy As Plain Text 2" and in the comments section I am seeing a lot of users complaining about the standard copy button causing freezing and 2 to 5 second delays.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...t/reviews/

So it looks like "Copy As Plain Text" and "Copy As Plain Text 2" both suffer from the same issue.

Luckily "Copy Pure Text" does not seem to suffer from these same issues Smile
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...src=search
This post was last modified: 07-26-2014, 07:41 AM by gate1975mlm.

Attached Files Image(s)