Is TLB dead?
Started by Jadde

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

23 posts in this topic
Captain Caveman

62 posts 8 threads Joined: Sep 2001
12-07-2019, 10:08 AM -
I have no idea what I would do without TLB!! I have been using it for almost 20 years..
Hans L

79 posts 30 threads Joined: Aug 2006
01-14-2020, 09:17 AM -
(12-07-2019, 10:08 AM)Captain Caveman Wrote: I have no idea what I would do without TLB!! I have been using it for almost 20 years..

Same here. Yuri, please go on!!!

Hans L

Hello:

I know there is a way to set the number of menu rows in the TLB toolbar, but after a reinstall (clean upgrade to Win 10, v1909), I cannot find where to set it (to 3, in my case).

Help appreciated!

Hans L
This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 09:21 AM by Hans L.
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
01-14-2020, 10:01 AM -
(01-14-2020, 09:17 AM)Hans L Wrote: I know there is a way to set the number of menu rows in the TLB toolbar, but after a reinstall (clean upgrade to Win 10, v1909), I cannot find where to set it (to 3, in my case).

I don't understand why you'd want to set a number of menu rows. Can you explain what you're trying to do?

Maybe I can help. I, too, like Caveman, have been using TLB for 20 years.

Have a look at one of my menu pop-ups and my TLB bar. Any questions? (Just click the pic to get a better view) And yes, my Firefox, my Chrome, and my Google Keep icons are IN my TLB. That way, I can control them.

This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 11:40 AM by Wisewiz.
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
Hans L

79 posts 30 threads Joined: Aug 2006
01-14-2020, 12:24 PM -
Wisewiz, I use captions (works better for me), and in one or two lines, the toolbar takes up too much real estate in Taskbar. I have less space, because the monitor in question is in portrait mode, which, on the other hand, means I have a lot of vertical space, so I can afford to have a very tall taskbar. Default for TLB seems to be two rows when you cut off the toolbar (moving the double vertical bars that appear when you unclick Locking All Toolbars"), but I have had three rows forever, but lost one after reinstall and can't for the life of me remember (have looked) where in settings to set it.

Ah, I got my three rows!!! I was looking at Toolbar settings (again!) while I was taking a pause in writing this, and in Toolbar > Sizes > Button margins, by setting "Vertical margins" to 0, I was able to get three rows. Luck, if you ask me. But thanks for "challenging" me. I am a happy camper!!!

Hans L
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
01-14-2020, 01:11 PM -
(01-14-2020, 12:24 PM)Hans L Wrote: Ah, I got my three rows!!! I was looking at Toolbar settings (again!) while I was taking a pause in writing this, and in Toolbar > Sizes > Button margins, by setting "Vertical margins" to 0, I was able to get three rows. Luck, if you ask me. But thanks for "challenging" me. I am a happy camper!!!

Hans L

Wellsir, there's a way to do anything you want to do in TLB, and you happened on the way that you needed. Glad you found it.
It's magical that way. (But, of course, most of the things we want to do in TLB are easy, and don't depend on luck at all. Thanks, Yuri!)
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
shnabors
PubliusHal

5 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2007
01-16-2020, 08:45 AM -
(12-07-2019, 10:08 AM)Captain Caveman Wrote: I have no idea what I would do without TLB!! I have been using it for almost 20 years..

Ditto... In case you didn't already, thought y'all would appreciate to see that the volume control was updated mid-December, so looks like TLB is still alive and kicking.

p.s. I'm not quite as long a user as you guys, but I did just find an old TLB software registration email dating back to 2004!
UUUUUUUL

9 posts 2 threads Joined: Mar 2018
03-30-2020, 06:21 PM -
Like others say, thanks again Yuri for the great work thats already done. It keeps giving.

- be safe everyone -
titty1

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2020
07-20-2020, 11:20 PM -
And I, for example, did not particularly enjoy it, but of course I noticed that there are no updates, it is already a little outdated, if they did not update in time, then all death for the program, no one wants to use it anymore, and so on, for example, this page is periodically updated and add different functions and therefore are in demand. Blush
SeismicGuy

41 posts 11 threads Joined: Mar 2008
10-14-2020, 02:41 PM -
I would rather have a decent solid app that doesn't need to be updated every other week versus one that does. TLB has always worked well for my modest needs. Only nonresolvable issue has been the lack of ability to have TLB on the taskbar of the second monitor starting (kind of) with Win 7 and definitely with Win 10. I cannot figure out why Microsoft has not provided an option to have other toolbars on the second taskbar. But using TLB in standalone mode is a decent workaround.

Doug