Things to consider - RFMs
Started by akidd

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
akidd

8 posts 4 threads Joined: Aug 2002
08-05-2002, 07:39 PM -
I really like RTB. Registered, but there are several things that occur to me while learning it. It isn't very intuitive in several ways and there are a few things I'd like to see changed.

Why do you have to select the IE Toolbars menu, choose a folder and then go back to the toolbars menu and select RTB... to get it to work?? wierd.

The first time I created a menu, I selected Properties and then changed the icon in the properties page. The icon doesn't change. You have to go to the context menu and select Appearance.

Try opening the folder of a menu you have created. Or drag and drop shortcuts onto that menu. They don't appear until you manually press Refresh??? You get a drop event or a mousepress - why not refresh then?

If a skin is selected - why are the menu appearance and font colors options visible? Changing them does nothing (wish it did work)

For the common objects that are skinned in IE, why should you have to have a separate skin? Why not use the 3d object, and menu skins available in the IE skins? This way very little would need to be skinned separately and all the skins in StyleXP would just work.

Try creating a menu, changine the appearance Thumbnails. Now change it back to icons - the text appears beneath the icons - you have to manually change the number of columns back to 1 (or whatever) and there is no way to get the text to the right of the icon without recreating the folder from scratch.

The TLB Settings tab called Toolbars should be called Fast toolbar switching or something. It seems like you are creating additional toolbars - but you are only creating toolbars to switch to...

For an app that runs inproc with Explorer - it sure seems to crash alot.

Anyway, really like it!

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by akidd - 08-05-2002, 07:39 PM
[No subject] - by akidd - 08-05-2002, 08:20 PM
[No subject] - by Doug Smith - 08-05-2002, 10:22 PM
[No subject] - by akidd - 08-06-2002, 09:46 AM
[No subject] - by Eric J Johnson - 08-06-2002, 10:18 AM
[No subject] - by akidd - 08-06-2002, 03:09 PM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 08-06-2002, 03:46 PM
[No subject] - by Captain Caveman - 08-09-2002, 10:54 AM