[Solved] New User With A Problem
Started by kryten68

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
kryten68

8 posts 3 threads Joined: Jun 2011
06-03-2011, 10:36 PM -
I bought True Launch Bar based on the description from BitsDuJour yesterday - It sounded exactly what I had been looking for!

Spend a while yesterday setting it all up and replacing the dock that I had been using previously. Very happy with it too.

...Apart from one thing.....

My laptop is noticeably slower now.

I have set up seven menus only. Each points to a virtual folder with between 3 and 19 items. No gadgets. Nothing else just menus.
I first noticed the slowdown when I was editing a document after setting it all up. Closer investigation shows cpu running high mostly because of explorer.exe consuming up to 49% CPU.

So I uninstalled and rebooted. Explorer.exe was then examined and found to be peaking at about 8% CPU.

I re-installed and restored my menus and I'm back to (up to 49%) CPU - with some slowdown.

My laptop is a T400 Lenovo Thinkpad.

I really like TLB and want to adopt it as my chosen launcher, I think Tordex (Yuri?) has done a bang up job with the software, but the high CPU is a real problem.

Would be grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Regards,
Stuart

PS - Just as an afterthought I suppose I should really:-

1. Uninstall & Reboot.
2. Reinstall TLB (Monitor CPU )
3. Restore Menus one at a time while monitoring to see if any one of them is causing it.

Will try that today.

Messages In This Thread
[Solved] New User With A Problem - by kryten68 - 06-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Re: New User With A Problem - by Yuri Kobets - 06-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Re: New User With A Problem - by kryten68 - 06-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Re: New User With A Problem - by Yuri Kobets - 06-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Re: New User With A Problem - by kryten68 - 06-06-2011, 07:35 AM