New user questions
Started by judyn

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
judyn

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Nov 2012
12-03-2012, 04:57 PM -
I am overjoyed with True Launch Bar, Personal edition. I'm a migrant from Powerdesk's Toolbar, which I can't get to work on Windows 7. It is so time-consuming to evaluate tool bars / task bars/ launch bars, whatever they are called and I'm happy I found such a good one! I can't live with the number of programs I use without a way to find them quickly and easily and reliably. Yes, Windows 7 search is great, but for that to work you have to remember its real name... I'm so used to clicking on icons that sometimes I forget the name of something I don't use very often.

However, it has SO many features that I've gotten a bit confused along the way. I have a bar along the top, just like I want, autohide. I have basically two questions:

1) I'm using menus to categorize my programs. If I hover over one of my menu headers I get something that I think is useless -- an icon of a file folder and the same word that is already there. I have to click to open the first menu. After that, hovering opens menus. I can't find any setting that will make hovering open a menu without a click.

2) I want "large" (I've set the size) icons for things that are not in menus but small icons in the menu lists. I managed to make my first menu so that every time I add something to that menu the icon is small, but after that one, I've been having to set the size of every icon in every menu. What am I missing? Global is fine -- I don't need to adjust the size of anything individually if I could get this to work with large for non-menus and small in menus.

Thanks for a great product!
Judy

Messages In This Thread
New user questions - by judyn - 12-03-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: New user questions - by Yuri Kobets - 12-04-2012, 04:16 AM
RE: New user questions - by judyn - 12-04-2012, 06:58 AM