Started by Psonyk

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Psonyk

15 posts 5 threads Joined: Dec 2003
12-19-2003, 04:01 PM -
I've got 2 questions to ask :

1. I see a lot of screenshots with icons at MORE than 16x16 pixels. I'd like that but apparently it doesn't seem to want to happen. Going thought the TLB menus, I've changed a few settings which didn't produce any results. In " Menu Appareance " I clicked " Show large icons " but only managed to increase the menu's icon sizes, not the toolbar itself.

I'm sure I've missed something ( unless it's XP-bound and not TLB ) so if you could please instruct me on this, I'll be grateful. Smile

=============================================

2. How do I add a " All Programs " shortcut to a MENu ( as opposed to the toolbar itself ) ? I tried dragging the " Programs " menu ( in XP, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs ) to a menu and it created a static folder with no pop-up submenu.

I tried creating a virtual folder, which points to the folder listed higher, within the target menu but ended up with it opening an item called namespace.fld.

I've followed the procedures in the FAQ to " add a Control Panel shorcut to TLB " but that seems to be pretty outdated.

Oh btw, creating a pop-up menu in the TOOLBAR for this works. It's when you try to add it INSIDE a menu, it does not work.

Well for me it doesn't. Hehehehehe Big Grin

Here's my configuration :

Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 5.1.2600
Shell Version:6.0.2600.115
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106
TLB version: 2.2.0.11

Thank you in advance for your time !
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
12-19-2003, 04:35 PM -
1. Indeed the checkbox 'Show large icons' in Menu Appearance does not seem to have the desired effect.
Rightclick anywhere on the toolbar (you need the TLB popup menu) and select Appearance, Large icons. This will resize the toolbar icons.

2. You're trying to place a virtual folder inside a virtual folder. Indeed that doesn't work and results in a namespace.fld item... You can however add a virtual folder to a standard menu...

Btw, I noticed another issue while dragging this virtual folder around... When you try to drag/drop a virtual folder inside another where it is not permitted, TLB shows the 'forbidden' sign, but when you release the mouse button, it DOES create an item (always pointing to Desktop).

For example, create a virtual folder pointing to 'My Computer' and create a virtual folder pointing to C:\. Then drag this last icon into My Computer and see what happens when you drop it...
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta