Bugs with Windowblinds
Started by chrisf8657

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
chrisf8657

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2004
01-05-2004, 05:07 AM -
Truelaunchbar has some problems with Windowblinds - namely scrollers and buttons from what I can see. From the Screenshots, you can see that the "Transparent" color (which is a magneta color) shows up. There is no other problems systemwide except with TLB.

I really do like this skin and would like to use it, and hope this bug gets fixed in the next beta.

Thanks!

[Image: 1.gif]
[Image: 2.gif]
IceCaveman

213 posts 52 threads Joined: Jan 2003
01-05-2004, 10:12 AM -
the problem only appears on some skins, depending on how they are built. You can modify them with skin studio so they fit TLB, use another skin that works with TLB or even better, turn of scrollers on TLB and have only Scroll Bars. The skin you are using does not support the "icons only menu" You could also for the best resault but longest process, create a new skin for TLB...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-05-2004, 11:04 AM -
BTW what version of TLB do you use? Maybe 2.2.0.13 do not have this problem.
Also I agree with IceCaveman. The elements you show on screenshot is not standard windows controls. So I must emulate them. All works fine with std XP styles and most of other skins. But there are can be problems with others.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
01-05-2004, 12:13 PM -
I can confirm that this is still present in TLB 2.2.0.13 and Windowblinds 4.2. As already suggested, I'm using scrollbars to avoid this.
Back once again...
V-Man

10 posts 2 threads Joined: Mar 2004
04-02-2004, 12:54 AM -
I'm experiencing a different problem with 2.2.0.16 and WindowBlinds 4 on XP - can anyone with this configuration confirm the problem?

I find that if I dock TLB to the top or left edges of my desktop and make it Always On Top, then any windows that I maximize do not appear in the correct location. They maximize to the correct size, but appear at the top-left of the screen partly obscured behind the TLB. Then there is an empty part of the desktop visible on the opposite side.

I'm wondering if TLB is using the correct method of recomputing the workspace area when it is moved.

If someone can say that they DON'T have this problem, that would help too and I can then investigate what else might be conflicting. Thanks.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-02-2004, 01:54 AM -
Quote:I'm wondering if TLB is using the correct method of recomputing the workspace area when it is moved.
TLB do not use any of methods at all. All these are controlled by Windows. TLB only draw content inside toolbar that explorer created. Test with std Quick Launch I guess there will be the same bug.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com