Started by chrisf8657

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
chrisf8657

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2004
01-06-2004, 04:37 PM -
1st Bug:

As you can see from the Screenshot, my quick launch icons go off the screen and show a double-arrow to see the rest. Now, when I set that to be a Multi-column text menu, it resets to the regular single column menu in the 2nd Screenshot when logging off or restarting...it should keep the user's preference...

2nd Bug:

If you select Icons with Text, all that shows up is a very long menu box with nothing in it, as seen in Screenshot number 3.

Please fix Sad

Bug 1:
[Image: bug1.gif]
[Image: bug2.gif]

Bug 2:
[Image: bug3.gif]
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
01-07-2004, 12:39 AM -
A small tip, unrelated to the bug, you might like: use popup- and submenus. The true power of TrueLaunchBar is not to display long lists of items (although it can, or should in case of these bugs, be able to handle that), but to organize them. You can create folders to make popup menu buttons and submenu's easily, you can add Titles to organize it even further. It makes it much easier to locate your shortcuts... unless you like really long lists that is Wink

Here's an example of what one of my menus looks like:

[Image: tlbsubmenu.gif]
IceCaveman

213 posts 52 threads Joined: Jan 2003
01-07-2004, 05:39 AM -
bug 1:
I don't consider this a bug as this was never told to be a feature of TLB. The menu you get there appears only because you don't have enough space on your taskbar, most likely because you don't have enough resolution on your monitor. If you want a menu like this then why do't you do as P.M. told you. But still I think there is a way to fix it in another way... Try to make a new TLB menu on the same location as your quick launch menu, but one directory up, then configure the menu you get, then you should have it saved as you want, at least works if you set background images.

Bug 2:
Also try to change the icon size and disable the skin you are using, switch to Windows classic or something just in case.
chrisf8657

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2004
01-07-2004, 11:08 AM -
I consider both of these to be bugs as I am a developer myself. The first one is a bug because it resets to a default rather than keeping the user's set preference - that is unintended operation - which is what a bug is. I switched to several different icon sizes with #2 and still see the same problem.

I am a upset that there seems to be this general "it's not a bug, do this instead..." attitude with every flaw that is posted. This is the way I want it setup, and it should work the way the user wants as long as it is within the program's specifications.
IceCaveman

213 posts 52 threads Joined: Jan 2003
01-07-2004, 11:31 AM -
it was not developed to do that, for that reson it's not a bug, but these features will most likely be added by Yuri sometime as now you have suggested it
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
01-08-2004, 12:48 AM -
Mhh, I don't think there's a "it's not bug, it's an undocumented feature" thing going on around here. Most bugs are confirmed and solved actually... I don't know how IceCaveman got to his conclusion, but I don't share the same opinion...

As for my post; like I said, it's still a bug. If you can set it one way it's a feature (meant to be available or not, it works), if this setting is lost on a reboot it's a bug. However, aside from that I wanted to present you with both a workaround until it is fixed, as well as another way to organize your shortcuts (personally I hate long lists like that, it reminds me of my start menu, which got a bit neglected after installing TLB Wink). "it's not a bug" and "yes it is but you might want to try this" are two different things Smile