most used applications list
Started by PaulyP

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
PaulyP

8 posts 3 threads Joined: Oct 2001
11-04-2001, 06:03 AM -
Having used Xp for a while i do like the facility on the start menu for displaying a list of the 5 or 6 most frequently used programs. I would like to have a button on the tool bar that when clicked expands a menu of my most frequently used programs, having a tool in the settings dialogue to set how many programs to display on the menu.

One other thing i would like is to have an addition to the 'auto popup first level menu' option which stops the auto popup on the taskbar buttons while still allowing the folders in the menus to expand automatically. I find myself quite often clicking on the button to expand my programs menu and then as i move the mouse upwards, stray too close to the other buttons on either side of it and so the menu i was wanting to use suddenly disappears. Perhaps a check box underneath the 'auto popup first level menu' labelled 'Do not apply auto popup to task bar buttons' - this would be great :-)

If either of these requests have been posted before i appologise - i did look but didn't spot them if they have been.

Keep up the good work!!

PaulyP
Eric J Johnson

193 posts 25 threads Joined: Jun 2001
11-04-2001, 07:16 AM -
Did you look over at the suggestions site( http://truesoft.plastiqueweb.com/tlb/sugbox/ )?

Maybe also a good place to post this request.. Smile
Eric J. Johnson|Proud American|GetMeHosted.com|OC-192!
GetMeHosted.com Members Get TrueLaunchBar @ OVER 50% Off!
Support the American Red Cross: Click Here to donate
rich

93 posts 19 threads Joined: Aug 2001
11-04-2001, 08:14 AM -
Link has been updated to:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://truesoft.plastiqueweb.com/tlb/sugbox/index.php">http://truesoft.plastiqueweb.com/tlb/sugbox/index.php</a><!-- m -->

Rich
Eric J Johnson

11-04-2001, 08:58 AM -
wierd,,, it should just load the index.php when you go there.. I never make people put it.. as I may change code or something... because the FAQ use to be
/index.php
Then I changed it to home.php
and who knows if I will change it to tlbfaq.php (lol)
But if I did that and everyone had home.php bookmarked.. then they would not be able to get to the site..
But if the had just truesoft.getmehosted.com/
They would always be taken to the site...
Am I just rambling? .. o well Smile
But I took the easy way out and did not include the index.php, as people tend to change code sometimes.. but hey maybe I am just crazy...
Sorry

Althou that redirect is very annoying... So hey bookmark index.php Smile

(Edited by Eric J Johnson at 7:02 am on Nov. 4, 2001)
Ustas

220 posts 9 threads Joined: Jun 2001
11-04-2001, 04:19 PM -
About "Most used applications list"
I plan to make this feature. So if you post this into suggestion box I mark is as SOON. I think this will be the great feature Smile
Yuri Kobets
TrueSoft - Software for You
http://www.tsoftcentral.com
Eric J Johnson

11-04-2001, 06:20 PM -
Great

(Edited by Eric J Johnson at 8:27 am on Nov. 5, 2001)
PaulyP

8 posts 3 threads Joined: Oct 2001
11-05-2001, 05:28 PM -
Thanks for pointing me to the suggestion page Eric. I have now added the ideas to the suggestions list.

Great to hear you are planning to introduce this feature soon Ustas, I'll look forward to it :-)