NWS provider file for Weather Monitor plugin - (NWS = National Weather Service)
Started by Scott

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
03-06-2004, 06:35 PM -
I'm not understanding what you mean by "addons for plugins". Can you give some specific examples?
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
03-07-2004, 02:44 AM -
OK, an "addon" could simply be a new background .PNG to work with an exisiting skin, or a new set of icons or graphics, or a provider file specific to a particular skin, etc.

Currently, these forums provide a reasonable place to start off and posting changes and modifications here is great for those of us who are involved to this level, but I feel that a few tweaks to the skins section to allows us to develop and then post modifications and additional/replacement graphics would really show people what TLB can do. As well as providing us with a properly centralised location for our work! Big Grin
Back once again...
BlueHeaven

40 posts 12 threads Joined: Jun 2003
03-07-2004, 10:18 AM -
I like the idea of submitting plugin graphics. I have done a set of pics for Horus' Weather Moon skin and am slowly working on a new set of weather condition graphics.

Also, regarding METARs, the VB script I have been working on translates METARs, although it is not perfect yet as there are a lot of variations to consider, especially when you consider international differences in the format. But right now, it can translate most "normal" US METARs and also show trends (rising, steady, falling) from the previous report.

But.... if you want METAR's translated for you, try the ADDS web page. The link below will show the current translated METARS for Chicago-O'Hare and Frankfurt. Not sure how easy it would be to grab with the weather monitor though. ???

http://adds.aviationweather.noaa.gov/metars....=Submit

Enjoy!
Rick.
BlueHeaven

40 posts 12 threads Joined: Jun 2003
03-26-2004, 07:32 AM -
Just to add to this topic.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/nirsoft1/utils/mweather.html

contains a little program that can download and decode METARS. It can be run from the command line and output to html or xml.

I'm sure someone can find a way to make this useful with the weather monitor. Smile

Rick.