windows key shortcuts?
Started by naga

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
naga

13 posts 3 threads Joined: Mar 2004
03-03-2004, 10:27 AM -
Hi all, just converted to TLB from litestep...it has all the features and none of the compatibility problems. Thanks for a great prog!

I like to use Powerdesk and was wondering if there is a setting that will allow win+E to launch Powerdesk instead of Explorer.

Thanks!
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
03-03-2004, 11:18 AM -
Welcome to the TLB forums from a fellow ex-Litestepper!

Win+E is a hotkey coded into the explorer shell, so at the current time overriding it is not a supported feature. There may be a way to do it, but I don't have any ideas for you. Yuri may be able to implement this in a future release, though.
naga

03-03-2004, 04:13 PM -
Thanks shapeshifter, good to be here Smile

Litestep was good, but TLB is much better. The only thing is that win+E shortcut, but its so minor and the rest of the features far outweigh it. I love this software!

What made you convert? My beef was with Winamp5 and the VWM, along with some of the window showing through while I played a game or something.
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
03-03-2004, 05:40 PM -
My biggest hangup with Litestep was that every little change I made (adding a shortcut, using an extra systray icon, altering the time format on my clock) required way too much work in reskinning and configuring. Plus, I never got around to making a Window Blinds skin to match any of my other skins before I changed my design. With TLB and XP's visual styles, everything matches and is so much easier to make changes to. I still make lots of little changes and the skins require a fair sure of editing, but all in all, everything is much simpler and looks/acts better.
naga

03-05-2004, 09:30 AM -
Agreed! After using TLB for a couple days, I can really appreciate the ease of configuration over litestep. Much easier and faster!