Started by Yuri Kobets

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12 posts in this topic
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-20-2004, 04:17 PM -
Wireless Monitor allow you to monitor wireless connections. It show the signal quality graph and traffic lights. In tooltips you can see the major parameters of wireless connection. Wireless Monitor supports skins.

System requirement
* Windows 2000/XP
* True Launch Bar v.2.2.0.16 or later

[Image: wlmon.gif]

Download
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
03-20-2004, 04:20 PM -
Yuri - Is it a major thing to produce the same for Windows 98SE? We suspect that is the case.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-20-2004, 04:25 PM -
Wireless networks have native support on Windows XP. On Windows 98 all depends of hardware do you use. I cannot support support this yet. But maybe in the future I make support for Windows 98. But right now sorry Sad
The TORDEX Team
STi Sev

63 posts 13 threads Joined: Aug 2003
03-20-2004, 04:57 PM -
OMG Yuri, I love it!

I'm having a problem with it: the red & green buttons are not lit, despite network traffic.

Also, I think it's a good time to mention that there is no decent network monitor skin. Sad

All I want is a transparent skin with regular black font that doesn't suck. There's one that takes up an abnormal amount of space on the screen.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-21-2004, 02:33 AM -
Wireless Monitor v1.1 for True Launch Bar has been released.

What's new:
* Fixed resource leaks

Download
The TORDEX Team
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
05-17-2004, 11:52 AM -
Finally got wireless network here, so I could test this plugin... I can already conclude it's very useful!

Some remarks though:

1. When no signal is detected, it displays the 'excellent' image... so as soon as I plug in my PCMCIA card it shows 'excellent', while the wireless connection is still disconnected.

2. The receive/send lights don't work, and the "bytes sent/received" counters stay zero.

I tried both with Windows XP wireless 'zero configuration' support, and with Asus' own utility. Both gave the same results.

This is my wireless connection if it's active:
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Zero-Point

93 posts 13 threads Joined: Feb 2003
09-07-2004, 09:03 PM -
I have started using wireless on my notebook at school, so I decided to try-out the monitor. I really like it but I see a few issues.

1. This is probably the biggest issue that I just found. I am now at home (not using wireless) with the 802.11b PCMCIA card not connected to the laptop. I decided to look more in depth to some settings (although there are only a few). I enabled the "hide when no connection" option and as I expected, the monitor disappeard--ok that can be useful, but the space it frees is empty anyway, so I then think, how to get it back (besides going to school, inserting the PCMCIA card and connecting to the network)? hrmm, can't really, but then notice in the TLB menu "Show Hidden..." Ahh great, click on "Wireless Monitor" and all should be good...nope. The monitor flashes on the taskbar, but then quickly goes away (guessing because the option to hide). So, now I can't do anything to get it back until I get to a zone at school.

2. Same situation: now at home without the PCMCIA card installed and I go to Wireless Monitor Properties. Note: this is prior to enabling "hide when no connection". I try to change a setting such as skin, but I can not choose "OK" because I can not choose a wireless card from the dropdown menu. "Cancel" works. It would be nice if I can change settings without having the card inserted (although kinda pointless, except in the situation I was in).

I have only had time to setup the wireless card, the VPN, and test it for a short period, so I haven't looked much at the wireless monitor yet, but I will be later.

Much thanks Yuri.
Dracula

09-08-2004, 03:40 AM -
Just insert the PCMCIA card and the Wireless Monitor will re-appear, you don't have be in 'a zone', it will just say "No signal"... then you can configure everything you want...
Zero-Point

09-08-2004, 09:40 AM -
Dracula, thanks for the suggestion, but I had tried that to no avail. WMon doesn't say anything--it's still just a blank spot where it's supposed to be. Just tried it again to make sure.

Using Cisco Systems 350 Series PCMCIA Wireless LAN Adapter (model AIR-PCM352).
Dracula

09-08-2004, 11:58 AM -
I'm 100% sure that my wireless monitor appears as soon as the card is inserted, even if there is no wireless network available...

Try deleting the .tlbplugin file in this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\
And then re-create the plugin (with your PCMCIA card inserted), and don't set the auto-hide option! :p
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

09-08-2004, 12:11 PM -
Zero-Point Now the only way is to delete WLMonitor from toolbar folder and create it again. Do not turn on the option "Hide If No Signal" until you do not configure plugin. Also the PCMCIA card must be inserted.

To remove empty space try to unlock taskbar (for XP) and change the size of toolbar. The next time WLMonitor appear it must expand your toolbar to fit itself. Also do not forget about "TLB Settings->Toolbar->Toolbar's min size" option Wink
The TORDEX Team
Zero-Point

09-08-2004, 07:39 PM -
hehe, thanks Dracula and Yuri.

I'm at school now and able to get WLMon visible. I tried going through the tlbdata.xml for the toolbar and editing the WLMon hidden="1" to hidden="0" but automatically changed back after I refreshed the toolbar. Oh well. And yeah, I disabled the auto-hide option.

Thanks