Weather Monitor problem with Weather Underground - Weather Monitor problem with Weather Und
Started by winter

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
winter

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2004
06-02-2004, 07:54 AM -
When trying to fetch my local weather from here:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin....y=20874

I was getting the elevation of 387 (feet) as the temperature (hot!), I made the following change to the providers.ini file to correct it, I didnt see anyone else mention this so I dont know if its a problem specific to my locale or what:

[Temperature]
unit = F
find0 = "Elevation: <b>"
find1 = "<font size=+2"
find2 = "<nobr><b>"
delim = "<"

I am (was) using the May 6th version of the providers file
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
06-02-2004, 08:13 AM -
There must be at least six places on the forum that asks new users to always post their systems details. Just can't answer your questions without knowing what system you are using.

Read Here

and Here

and Here

Thanks
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
06-02-2004, 08:16 AM -
As an additional note, <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wunderground.com">www.wunderground.com</a><!-- w --> are notorius for changing their HTML regularly. It's caused me many woes with the Moon Monitor skin fro Weather Monitor. Sad
winter

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2004
06-02-2004, 09:27 AM -
Doug Smith Wrote:There must be at least six places on the forum that asks new users to always post their systems details. Just can't answer your questions without knowing what system you are using.

Read Here

and Here

and Here

Thanks
I fail to see why I need to post my detailed system info just to resolve what is clearly a simple HTML parsing problem with a particular plug-in. Either this is a problem that everyone using weather monitor with the weather underground is experiencing (in which case my details are not relevent) or its not in which case I dont expect anything to be done.

In any case I wasn't asking for a solution - I already fixed the providers.ini file as I indicated - I was simply letting the powers that be know and was asking if anyone else had the same problem. A simply yes or no would suffice.

Believe it or not my life doesnt revolve around the True Launch Bar so pardon me for not reading all the rules of this forum before posting. Thanks anyway.
spoirier

6 posts 4 threads Joined: Sep 2002
06-06-2004, 02:33 PM -
I am the one who updated the ini file you were using. The problem stemmed from the Wunderground changing their page format again and I had not posted an updated file to Yuri. Anyway, I noticed that Wunderground offers a simplified page for PDAs and Mobile phones which has a nice clean structure. So I have created a new INI file using the mobile page. Just copy the attached file to your:

"C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar\Plugins\weathermon\providers"

directory and Refresh TLB. Modifiy the properties of the Weather Monitor icon to use the new 'Mobile' version and away you go!

Maybe this page will be more stable.

Steve
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
06-06-2004, 06:47 PM -
spoirier Wrote:Maybe this page will be more stable.
Let's hope so!

Many thanks for this provider file. QSection and I have been having problems with the ever-changing format. I'll see what I can do to update my skins provider.ini files to see if they can use this page too.
Back once again...