Weather Monitor 1.3 issue - Temp displaying wrong
Started by Fubie

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Fubie

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2004
08-09-2004, 08:07 AM -
Hello. I have searched for this or similar problems on the forum, but haven't found anything. When I setup Weather Monitor (1.3) to download my information, instead of the temperature being displayed it appears that my cities altitude is being displayed. I have attached a picture of what it looks like. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
08-09-2004, 08:42 AM -
What happens is that from time to time, Weather Underground changes the layout of their web pages, which confuses the Weather Monitor plugin. I would recommend using a different weather provider (such as Yahoo Weather), or better yet, the Weather Forecast plugin, which gets its data from a very consistant Weather.com XML feed. If you're overly attached to wunderground.com, here's an updated provider file. Copy this to your \TrueLaunchBar\Plugins\weathermon\providers directory, overwriting the old wunderground.ini file.
Fubie

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2004
08-09-2004, 12:48 PM -
Thanks for the file update. That did the trick. I am not "attached" to the weather monitor, but I do like the added information you can get from it as opposed to the weather forecast. Thanks again.
touki

23 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2003
10-19-2004, 08:06 AM -
hey i am having this problem again, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/94767.html">http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/94767.html</a><!-- m -->

thanks
-nick
RobAGD

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2005
01-30-2005, 06:08 AM -
I have been having some odd ball problems with this as well. New ini works well now I actually get the right temps va my Altitude Big Grin But now for some reason its not pulling up the conditions icon.

I have selected to use in skin :

Temp, Condition, Windchill

and those values show up correctly just no Sun or cloulds icon.

Any Ideas ?

-Robert