Mediacontrol albumcover
Started by snack

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
snack

16 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2004
01-02-2005, 12:18 PM -
Would it be possible to show the albumcover from a folder or mp3-tag in either the skin or the tooltip?
I use Samurize to achieve this now, but I'd rather do it with TLB.

While on the subject of Samurize: It would be really great if you could execute samurize in a TLB menu :twisted:
I guess that will never happen...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-06-2005, 12:54 PM -
Quote:Would it be possible to show the albumcover from a folder or mp3-tag in either the skin or the tooltip?
I use Samurize to achieve this now, but I'd rather do it with TLB.
Please can you post screenshot how it may look?

Quote:While on the subject of Samurize: It would be really great if you could execute samurize in a TLB menu
I guess that will never happen...
Hm... interesting idea... I'll think about this feature.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
snack

01-07-2005, 03:04 AM -
currently it looks like screenie 1, but it would be cool to have that in the skin.
But i'd like to see it as something like screenie two, or even better in a tlb menu!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
01-07-2005, 05:15 AM -
Would that be a static image? Or does it dynamically change with the song currently playing?

If it's dynamic, how does it know which image to display? And where is it stored? Too much trouble, too little functionality, if you ask my opinion... Besides, apparently it can already be done with Samurize Wink

If you have a virtual folder to 'My Music' you can set different background images for each submenu, so each mp3 listing could have it's own album-cover at the background. This is a static image, you can configure it with 'Customize menu'...
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
snack

01-07-2005, 08:07 AM -
Dracula Wrote:Would that be a static image? Or does it dynamically change with the song currently playing?
It's dynamic.
Dracula Wrote:If it's dynamic, how does it know which image to display? And where is it stored?
It looks for a cover file in the folder where the mp3 is residing, but my mp3s are tagged with a cover picture in the files, so it could read that too.
Dracula Wrote:Too much trouble, too little functionality, if you ask my opinion... Besides, apparently it can already be done with Samurize Wink
Well, that's a matter of taste, I like to see what I hear Big Grin , and yes it can be done with samurize but I'd like to see it in the tlb-skin, or tlb-menu.
Dracula Wrote:If you have a virtual folder to 'My Music' you can set different background images for each submenu, so each mp3 listing could have it's own album-cover at the background. This is a static image, you can configure it with 'Customize menu'...
That wouldn't work for me, I'm a music fanatic with 2 harddisks especially for mp3's.
If I would create a virtual folder for all albums it would cost me two weeks and I doubt if windows could handle it. :lol: