TLB menu view suggestions
Started by Unbeliever

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Unbeliever

102 posts 17 threads Joined: Nov 2004
03-08-2005, 02:51 PM -
I know i might be annoying with my constant bug reports/suggestions but my only intent is make this excellent application even better.

Since TLB has replaced a huge number of programs i used, i have several more suggestion i hope will find their way into a future release of TLB.

1. An option to have the background of the menu transparent (user would be able to set the transparency) and keep the text and the icon opaque would be great.

2. I like how the "caption" colour could be set as a gradient and would love if it was able to have the same gradeint option for menu highlight item in the "Skins" panel in TLB settings. (like in the example i attached)

3. It would be great if user could set the spacing between the menu border and the items in the menu. i think the items in my menu are too much to the left and no matter what setting i use in the metrics in never changes.

4. More versatile spacer in menus would be great. It would be great if spacer could be set as a line that runs at full width of the menu and/or the simple, grayed out text (like in the examples). i know something like this could be done with current separators in menus but extra versatility and options shouldn`t hurt, right :wink:

5. I have 2 "Win" keys on my keyboard. i was wondering if there was any way i could use one as a hotkey for TLB. when i try to use it now, Start menu pops up ( i know it`s meant to be that way, but i don`t need 2 win keys Sad )

6. I would also like to repeat (i`m like a parrot i know :oops: ) my 2 suggestions from this (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/viewtopic.php?p=9266#9266">http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/viewtopic.php?p=9266#9266</a><!-- m -->) thread. I think being able to set number or levels to expand would be an incredibly usefull and a great addition to TLB.

7. Ctrl+click or single click to open folders in expanding menus. I like my menus to expand on mouse over and i would like to be able to open them (in explorer) with a single click. With the current double click, it`s a bit annoying cause they first expand and then open in explorer. a ctrl+click to open folders in explorer would be a great solution.

I hope i`m not being to annoying with my posts and that Yuri won`t mind me posting so many reuests.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
03-08-2005, 07:33 PM -
Unbeliever Wrote:I know i might be annoying with my constant bug reports/suggestions but my only intent is make this excellent application even better...
Do not worry about your being annoying. You are not we assure you. They are suggestions like these that assist the developer to create an even better programme and also help skinners to get better ideas to customise on their own. 8)
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
03-09-2005, 02:13 AM -
Good suggestions, Unbeliever. Keep them coming Smile

Unbeliever Wrote:1. An option to have the background of the menu transparent (user would be able to set the transparency) and keep the text and the icon opaque would be great.
This seems to be the same as the request in this topic, and is a feature I've been hoping for!

Unbeliever Wrote:5. I have 2 "Win" keys on my keyboard. i was wondering if there was any way i could use one as a hotkey for TLB. when i try to use it now, Start menu pops up ( i know it`s meant to be that way, but i don`t need 2 win keys )
The scan codes for left and right Windows keys are different, so this could be used as you describe. However, my Micro$oft keyboard only has one windows key (on the left). There is always the Alt-Gr key to the right of the keyboard that is rarely used. Perhaps this needs to be a configurable option?!?!
Back once again...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-09-2005, 12:39 PM -
Quote:3. It would be great if user could set the spacing between the menu border and the items in the menu. i think the items in my menu are too much to the left and no matter what setting i use in the metrics in never changes.
TLB uses the deafault XP Style and must look like Programs menu. If the spacing from the left border is incorrect please let me know. This can be a bug.

And I'll make the option for the height of separators.

Other suggestions I've added this suggestion into my magic todo list Smile
Thank you for your suggestions.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Unbeliever

102 posts 17 threads Joined: Nov 2004
03-10-2005, 07:54 AM -
it does like like the "All programs" menu but i thought it was independant.

can u add this to to your magic "to-do" list? :oops:

03-10-2005, 01:15 PM -
Unbeliever Wrote:5. I have 2 "Win" keys on my keyboard. I was wondering if there was any way I could use one as a hotkey for TLB. When I try to use it now, Start menu pops up (I know it`s meant to be this way, but I don`t need 2 win keys Sad )

Separating functions for duplicated right side and left side keyboard modifier keys (Win, Ctl, Shf, Alt) sounds like it could be a good keystroke productivity enhancer. I don't need 2 Win keys, either.