Docked toolbar flat or no border
Started by Rhywun

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Rhywun

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Dec 2003
11-08-2005, 05:55 PM -
I have my toolbar docked at the top of my screen, i.e. not in the taskbar. Also I set a background image on the toolbar. Is there any way to make the toolbar flat or to remove its border? Here is a picture:

[Image: TrueLaunchBar.jpg]

As you can see, the toolbar has a 3D appearance. I would like to remove the 3D part and the grip as well. Is it possible?
Rhywun

11-08-2005, 06:00 PM -
PS. I'd be happy if the toolbar remained immovable when docked, too. I leave it permanently docked on the top edge.
Texan

217 posts 61 threads Joined: Feb 2005
11-08-2005, 06:16 PM -
I dock mine up top also, and it contains the same border..................I believe this a function of the particular "skin" you have selected for windows.

Try changing "themes" in control panel.........................
Texan
Rhywun

11-09-2005, 07:21 PM -
Texan Wrote:I believe this a function of the particular "skin" you have selected for windows.

Actually, I'm trying to create my own skin. I have a few installed, they all display the 3D look 'n' feel of the toolbar when it's docked away from the taskbar. I've seen other programs that dock a toolbar and let you remove the border and other 3D stuff.

Well, it's not a huge deal - but I see it as a usability issue. For example, I think you should be able to throw your mouse pointer up to the top edge of the screen where I have the toolbar docked and click on buttons and drop down menus. Instead you have to carefully halt at least around 4 pixels before the top edge, otherwise you'll overshoot the buttons and have to move down a little. It makes a big difference if you're going up to the toolbar hundreds of times a day....
Texan

217 posts 61 threads Joined: Feb 2005
11-10-2005, 04:20 AM -
Have you heard of a program called "WRAP"..................this little utility lets the mouse "wrap around the screen" so if you need to get to the top of the screen, but you're near the bottom.........................you merely keep going DOWN and the mouse appears up at the top.........

Similarly, move to the far right and the curser shows up on the Left side etc, etc....................

I use it all the time for great time saving, once you get used to it........
Texan